ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why Military Members And Their Families Are Ineligible For Ohio Car Title Loans
Total Articles: 458
If you live in the Columbus or Cincinnati area and find yourself having trouble making ends meet this month and no other way to borrow the money you need, you may have already thought about applying for Cincinnati car title loans. These short-term loans are easy to qualify for with no credit check and provide the money necessary to pay bills, fix a car and handle an emergency.
While most people qualify for Ohio car title loans, provided they are over 18 and own their own car with a clean title, not everyone qualifies. There are many reasons you may be denied for Columbus car title loans, but one of the biggest reasons is federal legislation that prevents active duty military members as well as their dependents from taking out a car title loan.
The Military Lending Act of 2007, which is a provision of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2006, made a number of changes to lending practices for U.S. military members. After a Department of Defense report found that 17% of military personnel used payday loans, this legislation required the annual interest rate for military borrowers to be capped at 36%. It also prohibits lenders from securing a loan with a personal check, debit authorization, wage allotment or a title to a car.
This law prohibits the use of a vehicle's title as security for any loan made to service members or their families, and it also prohibits lenders from renewing, refinancing or rolling over credit by using the proceeds of another credit granted by the same lender. What this means is Ohio car title loans are now inaccessible to military members and military families.
Unfortunately, it's not always possible to save up the money you need for an emergency, and friends and family may not always be able to loan you the money you need. Cincinnati car title loans have always been an excellent way to get the cash you need to cover you until next payday, but one of the first questions car title lenders now ask is, "Are you an active member of the military or are you dependent on someone in the military?" If you answer yes, you will probably be denied for a title loan in Ohio and anywhere else.
While this law certainly has great intentions by limiting predatory lending to members of the military, it also puts military families in a tough situation. Bad credit makes it nearly impossible to turn to a loan through any other means, although this law still allows predatory lending. Lenders are still passing through the cracks, overcharging military members with payday loans that have just a slightly different structure but the same high rates.
The truth is, Ohio car title loans have a bad reputation that is undeserved. Many have interest rates below that of a credit card, and they serve an important service, allowing families to avoid late fees on their mortgage or credit cards, pay off debt, put food on the table for their children, avoid disconnected utilities and get their car fixed so they can get to work.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions