ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Advice For Hiring A Medical Malpractice Attorney In Miami
Total Articles: 452
Medical malpractice involves mistakes by a professional health care provider, including hospitals, doctors, nurses, dentists, an office or its staff. If a professional has deviated from the standard of care and caused you harm, you may have a medical malpractice case and it's times like these when you need the advice of an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Miami.
It's estimated that medical mistakes kill as many as 98,000 people every year, and cause about one million injuries. A 2005 study of 39 million patient records even found over 240,000 deaths during Medicare hospitalizations that were directly attributed to at least one preventable medical mistake.
Medical malpractice cases encompass many areas, including the following:
• Injuries to mother or child during birth
• Failure of health care providers to communicate with one another
• Medication errors
• Complications associated with a surgery
• Incorrect, delayed or failure to diagnose
A Miami personal injury attorney who specializes in medical malpractice will be able to advice you if you have a case, and tell you what you can expect going forward. You may have difficulty, however, choosing the correct injury lawyer in Miami to represent you. Following are some important things to consider when you hire a Miami personal injury attorney for your medical malpractice case.
Background, Skill and Experience
Did you know attorneys do not need any special certifications or training to call themselves a medical malpractice attorney or personal injury lawyer in Miami? Always learn about the lawyer's experience dealing with these cases before going forward. Find out about their track record and how long they have been dealing with medical malpractice lawsuits, how many of these cases they handle each year and which type of cases they accept.
Bring All Documentation
During your initial consultation, bring along any documentation you have of your suspected case, including those that show liability on the part of your doctor, hospital or provider. The attorney will listen to the details and ask you questions and determine how strong your case is. Be sure to ask some questions of your own, and learn about their strategy for tackling the case.
Awards, Fees and Expenses
During the consultation, ask the Miami personal injury attorney for an estimate of what they think the case is worth, as well as an estimate of the legal fees and expenses. Ask them what they feel is a fair award for your injury, and if this is different than others you have received, ask them why.
Find out if they have a contingency fee, which is a percentage of your settlement or award, or an hourly rate. You'll want to know if you owe legal fees even if you do not win the case, and what the up-front retainer is, if there is one.
Above all else, you should feel comfortable with the attorney, satisfied with his or her answers and you should feel confident in their judgement and advice and willing to trust this lawyer going forward.
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer