ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Advice For Hiring A Medical Malpractice Attorney In Miami
Total Articles: 452
Medical malpractice involves mistakes by a professional health care provider, including hospitals, doctors, nurses, dentists, an office or its staff. If a professional has deviated from the standard of care and caused you harm, you may have a medical malpractice case and it's times like these when you need the advice of an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Miami.
It's estimated that medical mistakes kill as many as 98,000 people every year, and cause about one million injuries. A 2005 study of 39 million patient records even found over 240,000 deaths during Medicare hospitalizations that were directly attributed to at least one preventable medical mistake.
Medical malpractice cases encompass many areas, including the following:
• Injuries to mother or child during birth
• Failure of health care providers to communicate with one another
• Medication errors
• Complications associated with a surgery
• Incorrect, delayed or failure to diagnose
A Miami personal injury attorney who specializes in medical malpractice will be able to advice you if you have a case, and tell you what you can expect going forward. You may have difficulty, however, choosing the correct injury lawyer in Miami to represent you. Following are some important things to consider when you hire a Miami personal injury attorney for your medical malpractice case.
Background, Skill and Experience
Did you know attorneys do not need any special certifications or training to call themselves a medical malpractice attorney or personal injury lawyer in Miami? Always learn about the lawyer's experience dealing with these cases before going forward. Find out about their track record and how long they have been dealing with medical malpractice lawsuits, how many of these cases they handle each year and which type of cases they accept.
Bring All Documentation
During your initial consultation, bring along any documentation you have of your suspected case, including those that show liability on the part of your doctor, hospital or provider. The attorney will listen to the details and ask you questions and determine how strong your case is. Be sure to ask some questions of your own, and learn about their strategy for tackling the case.
Awards, Fees and Expenses
During the consultation, ask the Miami personal injury attorney for an estimate of what they think the case is worth, as well as an estimate of the legal fees and expenses. Ask them what they feel is a fair award for your injury, and if this is different than others you have received, ask them why.
Find out if they have a contingency fee, which is a percentage of your settlement or award, or an hourly rate. You'll want to know if you owe legal fees even if you do not win the case, and what the up-front retainer is, if there is one.
Above all else, you should feel comfortable with the attorney, satisfied with his or her answers and you should feel confident in their judgement and advice and willing to trust this lawyer going forward.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward