ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Hiring A Miami Personal Injury Attorney For A Wrongful Death Case
Total Articles: 458
The loss of a parent, child or spouse is far from a legal loss, and it's one of the most devastating and emotional events you can endure in your life. Tragic and unexpected loss due to the negligence of someone else often causes depression, loneliness, despair, guilty and even uncertainty, and this loss is made all the greater by the loss of guidance, companionship and financial support. Florida law recognizes what an impact such a loss brings and offers a legal remedy for family members coping with a wrongful death. In such cases, it helps to have a Miami personal injury attorney on your side.
Understanding the Legal Definition and Compensation
In Florida, wrongful death refers to the claim of a spouse, child, parent or financially dependent child when a negligent or reckless act causes the death of a family member. Wrongful death may be caused by many types of conduct, including medical malpractice, an auto accident, nursing home negligence or abuse or defective products or drugs, to name a few.
A personal injury or medical malpractice attorney in Miami will help you by counseling you about your rights and potential recovery, and Florida law allows a number of economic and non-economic damages that may be awarded to a survivor in a wrongful death claim, including:
• Survivors may recover the value of lost support and services in the past and future,
• Surviving spouses may recover for the loss of companionship and protection, as well as pain and suffering,
• Minor children, and all children if there is no surviving spouse, may recover for loss parental companionship, guidance, instruction and pain and suffering,
• Parents of a deceased minor may recover for pain and suffering,
• Parents of adult children may recover for pain and suffering of there are no other survivors,
• Medical and funeral costs may be recovered, and
• Loss of prospective net accumulations of the estate may be recovered.
Seeking the Help of a Miami Personal Injury Attorney
There is certainly no amount of money that can ever compensate for the loss of someone you love, although being financially secure and knowing those responsible have been brought to justice may offer you some closure and security. Keep in mind Florida laws involving wrongful death are complicated, and you will need the help of an experienced injury lawyer in Miami to represent you. Keep in mind wrongful death cases must also be filed within a certain amount of time, or you will lose your right to compensation.
In Florida, a wrongful death must meet the following requirements:
• Someone has died,
• The death was caused by negligence or reckless behavior of another,
• There are dependents or surviving family members injured financially as a result, and
• A personal representative for the estate must be appointed.
If you have suffered the loss of someone you love, speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney or injury lawyer in Miami right away to discuss your options and ensure the responsible party is brought to justice for their actions.
Legal Articles1. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
3. Legal Agreement Template
4. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
5. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
6. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
7. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
8. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
9. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
10. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
11. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
12. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
13. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
14. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
15. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy