ALL >> Health >> View Article
My Skin Is An Oil Production Factory, What Can I Do?
Total Articles: 1
This is a problem commonly encountered by several people says Skin Specialist Dr. Sirisha Singh of The Skin Centre. The oily appearance of the skin is due to production of sebum from sebaceous glands present in the skin. While some amount of sebum is absolutely essential for healthy hydrated looking skin, excessive amounts of sebum can result in the skin feeling too greasy and appearing shiny during the day.
The skin like all body tissues is very sensitive to the effect of internal hormones. During puberty, the male hormones called androgens (which are also produced in women by tiny glands called the adrenals that sit on top of the kidneys) cause an increase in the size of sebaceous glands in the skin and also make the glands produce more sebum. This naturally results in increased greasiness of skin and is one of the reasons for acne in teenagers.
A common misconception amongst people is that they need a cleanser which dries up the skin and people often use cleansers which leave the skin feeling taut and stretched. The brain perceives this as dry skin and sets up a process to correct it, thereby increasing oil production in the skin. It is for this reason that people with acne need to use a gentle cleanser and even people with acne need a moisturizer (a milder moisturizer than people with no acne) as gentle cleansing followed by a gentle moisturizer leaves the skin feeling just right. To book an appointment with Skin Specialist Dr. Sirisha Singh, please visit the following link. www.theskincentre.in
So, what does one with an oily skin need to do on a regular basis?
1. Cleansing: people who have an oily skin need to use a gentle cleanser, preferably a pH neutral cleanser twice a day. If the grime bothers them in between, they can always splash some cold or lukewarm water on their face. Using hot water to wash the face also has the same effect as using strong cleansers.
2. Toner: A toner by definition dries up the top layer of the skin. Using small amounts of toner can result in the skin feeling fresh but using excessive amounts can be harsh on the skin by causing excessive dryness. Only a small amount of toner is to be used once a day. Many people with an oily T Zone may use it only in the T Zone area.
3. Moisturizer: Dermatologist & Cosmetologist Dr Singh says, It is common for me to hear from my patients that they have oily skin and do not need a moisturizer but this is a misconception. Almost everyone needs a moisturizer particularly at night time. People with oily skin may use a light moisturizer that doesn’t leave the skin feeling oily. A water based moisturizer may sometimes be effective as well. Most companies now have a non-comedogenic range which is suitable for people with oily skins as most of these products are water based.
4. Sunscreens: Most people with acne prone skin and oily skin avoid using a sunscreen as they leave the skin feeling greasier. Truth is people with acne need a sunscreen just like people with dry and combination skin types. People with oily skin may do better with a gel based sunscreen, there are several available in the market, Dermatologist in Delhi Dr. Sirisha Singh could prescribe one.
Follow these simple guidelines and work your way towards a healthy, clear, hydrated looking skin. The guidelines are for people with no skin problems other than an oily skin or very mild acne only. If there is some other skin problem or more severe acne, you will need to see a Dermatologist for more specific recommendations.
This content has written by Rowan, experienced Indian Writer and currently working for theskincentre. Dr Sirisha Singh is a well known name in She has acquired a reputation for following evidence based practice and developing safe but effective solutions for complicated Cosmetological problems.–For more information about Best Hair Treatment in Delhi please follow this website http://www.theskincentre.in/.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men