ALL >> General >> View Article
Make Your Fortune - The Insider's Guide To Getting A Book Published
Total Articles: 1
Your novel is written, proofreading and editing has been completed and you now just need to get it on the shelves to make your fortune.
But that's no simple matter.
First of all, you need to find a publisher who might accept your masterpiece.
Purchasing the 'Writer's Market' or subscribing to their website will help you identify potential publishers. Once you have a shortlist of publishers, research them. You need to find publishers that already print works similar to your's, as publishers tend to have a 'type' that they like to work with. Another way to identify potential publishers is to find books on the same topics as your own and see who publishes them. You will then need to decide whether you will approach the larger or smaller companies, it is often harder for new writers to land a contract with a big publishing house.
Once you have your shortlist, you can make your book proposal to them. But you need to make sure that you get yourself noticed so organise yourself a professional looking publisher pack. Such a pack should contain a cover letter, biographical page and some extracts from your book.
Make your cover letter lively and interesting. Make it simple and to the point with short, snappy sentences; if you bore them with the letter, they won't read any further! The same goes for your biographical page. On the latter, you should also include what else you have written or why you have started to write if you have no previous titles published. Again, short is best. If you have written a book with the intention of producing a series, then a synopsis of the further books in a series will be very enticing for a publisher.
Before sending anything, ensure all grammar contained in the cover letter, biographical page and the extracts is correct as basic errors will definitely put the publisher off!
In brief, get noticed and sell yourself!
General Articles1. Best Live Sap Ui5 Training Institution In Bangalore With 100% Placements
2. Things To Remember Before Gifting Silver Jewelries To Your Beloved One
Author: Bryan Gentles
3. My Qualification
Author: By me
4. Signs That Indicate Your Electrical Panel Is Not Working Properly
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh
5. The Most Important Components Of B2b Web Design
Author: Joseph Symons
6. StАУІng On TОР Of ThЕ GАmЕ: Enjoy RЕСurrІng MОnthlУ InСОmЕ
Author: Rohit Seth is a passionate businessmen.
7. How To Find The Best Movers Jonesboro Ar?
Author: Nathan White
8. Buying Cool Socks For Men – Quality Is The Most Important Factor
Author: Jason Simmons
9. Stop Wasting Time On Selecting A Proper Usb Webcam For Desktop Or Laptop In Windows 7/8/10/vista
10. 6 Undeniable Benefits Of Online Project Management Software
Author: Lincol Jalek
11. Piling - What Exactly Is Piling
Author: threeway steel
12. Surgeries Making It Possible
Author: Ahmed Shaikh
13. 4 Quick Tips To Prepare Seo-friendly Blog Posts
Author: Eliza Molly
14. Hair Transplantation In Hyderabad
15. Laser Wire Stripping
Author: Solder Training