ALL >> General >> View Article
Make Your Fortune - The Insider's Guide To Getting A Book Published
Total Articles: 1
Your novel is written, proofreading and editing has been completed and you now just need to get it on the shelves to make your fortune.
But that's no simple matter.
First of all, you need to find a publisher who might accept your masterpiece.
Purchasing the 'Writer's Market' or subscribing to their website will help you identify potential publishers. Once you have a shortlist of publishers, research them. You need to find publishers that already print works similar to your's, as publishers tend to have a 'type' that they like to work with. Another way to identify potential publishers is to find books on the same topics as your own and see who publishes them. You will then need to decide whether you will approach the larger or smaller companies, it is often harder for new writers to land a contract with a big publishing house.
Once you have your shortlist, you can make your book proposal to them. But you need to make sure that you get yourself noticed so organise yourself a professional looking publisher pack. Such a pack should contain a cover letter, biographical page and some extracts from your book.
Make your cover letter lively and interesting. Make it simple and to the point with short, snappy sentences; if you bore them with the letter, they won't read any further! The same goes for your biographical page. On the latter, you should also include what else you have written or why you have started to write if you have no previous titles published. Again, short is best. If you have written a book with the intention of producing a series, then a synopsis of the further books in a series will be very enticing for a publisher.
Before sending anything, ensure all grammar contained in the cover letter, biographical page and the extracts is correct as basic errors will definitely put the publisher off!
In brief, get noticed and sell yourself!
General Articles1. How I Franchise My Business? - Get The Question Answered
Author: Franchising Consultants
2. The Sales And Production Of Magnesium Oxide
Author: hu Allen
3. How To Find The Right Bridesmaid Dresses For Your Wedding
4. The Importance Of A Data Recovery Process
Author: Sandra White
5. Choosing Best Wedding Flowers
Author: Green Carlos
6. Designer Commercial Flooring Adds Grace To Perfect Ambience
Author: Melissa Mercks
7. Cheap Bulk Sms Service Provider In Ahmedabad
8. Benefits Of Using Ball Pens Over Other Regular Pens
9. The Inspiration For Your Designs Part - Iii
10. Basic Things To Know Before Joining Sturgis Motorcycle Rallies
Author: Jeffrey Ween
11. The Inspiration For Your Designs Part - Ii
12. The Inspiration For Your Designs Part - I
13. Kasauli – The Land Of Old-world Charm
Author: JNR Globetrotters Pvt. Ltd.
14. Does Sparing The Rod Really Spoil The Child?
Author: Juhi Bansal
15. How To Choose The Right Trekking Agency In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi