ALL >> General >> View Article
Make Your Fortune - The Insider's Guide To Getting A Book Published
Total Articles: 1
Your novel is written, proofreading and editing has been completed and you now just need to get it on the shelves to make your fortune.
But that's no simple matter.
First of all, you need to find a publisher who might accept your masterpiece.
Purchasing the 'Writer's Market' or subscribing to their website will help you identify potential publishers. Once you have a shortlist of publishers, research them. You need to find publishers that already print works similar to your's, as publishers tend to have a 'type' that they like to work with. Another way to identify potential publishers is to find books on the same topics as your own and see who publishes them. You will then need to decide whether you will approach the larger or smaller companies, it is often harder for new writers to land a contract with a big publishing house.
Once you have your shortlist, you can make your book proposal to them. But you need to make sure that you get yourself noticed so organise yourself a professional looking publisher pack. Such a pack should contain a cover letter, biographical page and some extracts from your book.
Make your cover letter lively and interesting. Make it simple and to the point with short, snappy sentences; if you bore them with the letter, they won't read any further! The same goes for your biographical page. On the latter, you should also include what else you have written or why you have started to write if you have no previous titles published. Again, short is best. If you have written a book with the intention of producing a series, then a synopsis of the further books in a series will be very enticing for a publisher.
Before sending anything, ensure all grammar contained in the cover letter, biographical page and the extracts is correct as basic errors will definitely put the publisher off!
In brief, get noticed and sell yourself!
General Articles1. Considerations For Choosing The Best Mobile App Development Platform
Author: sachin kumar
2. C & L Services Expands In Northern Nj With Acquisition Of Apgar Power Sweeping
3. Digital Wall Covering | Digital Printing | Dot2dot
4. Interactive Kiosk Manufacturers
5. Kiosk Manufacturer For Sale
6. Online Reputation Management Service
Author: webigg technology
7. Free Steps For Facebook Retargeting Campaign
Author: webigg technology
8. Chennai Sanitation Workers Say No To Automated Waste Management
Author: new indian express
9. Why Are Truck Fleet Owners Finding It Difficult To Make E-payments At Tolls?
Author: Roopali Parandekar
10. Powering Business Growth With Ios App Localisation
Author: Shreya Gupta
11. Hvac Baltimore Can Offer Reliable Plumbing Solutions
Author: Robert hill
12. Apartment Design
Author: Monnaie Architects
13. What To Look Into Before Choosing An Appliance Replacement Company?
Author: Eric Dean
14. Eating Nourishing Food – Order For Fitness Meals Toronto Online
Author: Oliver Shin
15. What Is Web 2.0? Is There A Fine Line Between Web 2.0 And Seo?
Author: Emily Smith