ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Reasons Behind Breast Cancer Among Older Women
Total Articles: 3
The risk of breast cancer among older women is more than the younger ones. It is important to be aware of the risk factors among the older women and making people aware of this critical disease. Nowadays, women are getting more aware of the concepts, be it about breast augmentation, or breast reduction, or awareness on the breast cancer, or anything. The awareness on the subject is growing and people are coming forward with their doubts and are eager, to gain more on this subject. In this particular article we are going to discuss the reasons behind breast cancer among the older women:
• Increase in age
The first reason that is most vital is the age factor. The chances of breast cancer go up, as a woman gets elder. The cancer is found in the women who are 55 or older, as their breast start loosing its effect. It is essential that all women between 50 and 70 years of age should be screened for breast cancer every three years. This will make them aware of the disease and symptoms, if there are any.
• Having a relative (mother or sister) with breast cancer
This disease among women is higher whose close relatives, mother, or sister has this disease. The relatives can be from either the mother’s or the father’s side of the family. Having a mother, sister or daughter with breast cancer doubles a woman’s risk. But it is also noted that women who get breast cancer do not have a family history of this disease. So, it is important to note that if having a relative with this disease does not mean that it won’t happen.
• Radiation therapy to the breast or chest
The next reason behind this disease is the radiation treatment in the early age. Woman who had radiation treatment or some kind of cosmetic surgery abroad, to the chest area earlier in life, have greatly increased risk of breast cancer. The risk varies with the patient’s age when she had gone with the radiation. The risk from chest radiation is highest if the radiation were given during the teens, when the breasts were in the developing stage. Radiation treatment after the age of 40 does not seem to increase breast cancer risk.
• Being over weight or obese
The next reason behind this disease among the older women is being over weight or obese, or if you have been through the menopause. Being over weight or obese, it is thought that the amount of oestrogen in your body increases and if you have gained weight after the menopause then more oestrogen is produced.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure