ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group - Us Report 26.07.2013
Total Articles: 20
Jul. 26, 2013 - CHIYODA-KU, Japan -- The American markets had mixed results yesterday, with some shares showing mild gains and others posting losses. The S&P 500 index lost 0.1%, the Dow Jones dropped 0.3% while the Nasdaq Composite was up 0.3%. The US Department of Labor reported that 7,000 more Americans were filing for jobless benefits representing a 2% jump and reflecting a stagnate economy.
Facebook was one of the day´s biggest winners surging 25% after posting second quarter results that beat expectations. It was a record one day gain for the company, reaching its highest level since May 2012.
Facebook was able to achieve this with its new mobile advertising products, which are now on track to surpass revenue from the desktop version of the site.
The financial sector did not perform as well, with major banks slipping slightly. Bank of America Corp. was down 1.5%, both Citigroup Inc. and JP Morgan Chase & Co. lost 0.5%, and Morgan Stanley skidded 0.35%.
Gold futures were up Thursday after falling nearly 1% on Wednesday. It jump $10.50 to $1,330 an ounce. Gold options for August expires at the close of the market on Thursday leading to increased volatility.
December gold, one of the most active futures, is also up $10.70 to 1,330.80 an ounce. It is our opinion that the market is responding to a weakening dollar combined with the slightly worse than expected Department of Labor report.
Crude Oil futures for September dropped 27 cents representing a .03% decline. Crude furthered its largest drop in more than a month due to a 22 year high in production, according to a report filed yesterday by the Energy Information Association.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning