ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group - Us Report 26.07.2013
Total Articles: 20
Jul. 26, 2013 - CHIYODA-KU, Japan -- The American markets had mixed results yesterday, with some shares showing mild gains and others posting losses. The S&P 500 index lost 0.1%, the Dow Jones dropped 0.3% while the Nasdaq Composite was up 0.3%. The US Department of Labor reported that 7,000 more Americans were filing for jobless benefits representing a 2% jump and reflecting a stagnate economy.
Facebook was one of the day´s biggest winners surging 25% after posting second quarter results that beat expectations. It was a record one day gain for the company, reaching its highest level since May 2012.
Facebook was able to achieve this with its new mobile advertising products, which are now on track to surpass revenue from the desktop version of the site.
The financial sector did not perform as well, with major banks slipping slightly. Bank of America Corp. was down 1.5%, both Citigroup Inc. and JP Morgan Chase & Co. lost 0.5%, and Morgan Stanley skidded 0.35%.
Gold futures were up Thursday after falling nearly 1% on Wednesday. It jump $10.50 to $1,330 an ounce. Gold options for August expires at the close of the market on Thursday leading to increased volatility.
December gold, one of the most active futures, is also up $10.70 to 1,330.80 an ounce. It is our opinion that the market is responding to a weakening dollar combined with the slightly worse than expected Department of Labor report.
Crude Oil futures for September dropped 27 cents representing a .03% decline. Crude furthered its largest drop in more than a month due to a 22 year high in production, according to a report filed yesterday by the Energy Information Association.
Business Articles1. Best Lawn Mowing Maitland - Fox Mowing Nsw
Author: Gerry Caxton
2. Older Video Tapes Can Be Easily Played In New Players
3. Hiring A Professional For Creating Digital Videos
4. Best App To Buy Stocks
Author: Ahrvo Web
5. Btech Admissions, Eligibility, Fee & Placements
6. Accommodation And Tourist Activities
7. Great Things About Solar Equipment Leasing
Author: Ross Barkely
8. חיתוך בירושלים
Author: DOMER YAK
9. How To Reach Your Target Audience
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
10. The India Top Education Blogs
Author: Education Portal
11. Kellyville General Practitioner
Author: Dinh Nguyen
12. How To Choose & Install Hardwood Floors
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and opera
13. Hajj Packages With Shifting And Non Shifting Hotels
Author: Hafiz Ibrahim
14. Three Effective Business Communication Skills You Must Master
Author: christopher kaspar
15. Aumazing Community - Strength In Numbers Part - I
Author: visit us at fitness center boston, back bay best r