ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group - Us Report 26.07.2013
Total Articles: 20
Jul. 26, 2013 - CHIYODA-KU, Japan -- The American markets had mixed results yesterday, with some shares showing mild gains and others posting losses. The S&P 500 index lost 0.1%, the Dow Jones dropped 0.3% while the Nasdaq Composite was up 0.3%. The US Department of Labor reported that 7,000 more Americans were filing for jobless benefits representing a 2% jump and reflecting a stagnate economy.
Facebook was one of the day´s biggest winners surging 25% after posting second quarter results that beat expectations. It was a record one day gain for the company, reaching its highest level since May 2012.
Facebook was able to achieve this with its new mobile advertising products, which are now on track to surpass revenue from the desktop version of the site.
The financial sector did not perform as well, with major banks slipping slightly. Bank of America Corp. was down 1.5%, both Citigroup Inc. and JP Morgan Chase & Co. lost 0.5%, and Morgan Stanley skidded 0.35%.
Gold futures were up Thursday after falling nearly 1% on Wednesday. It jump $10.50 to $1,330 an ounce. Gold options for August expires at the close of the market on Thursday leading to increased volatility.
December gold, one of the most active futures, is also up $10.70 to 1,330.80 an ounce. It is our opinion that the market is responding to a weakening dollar combined with the slightly worse than expected Department of Labor report.
Crude Oil futures for September dropped 27 cents representing a .03% decline. Crude furthered its largest drop in more than a month due to a 22 year high in production, according to a report filed yesterday by the Energy Information Association.
Business Articles1. Finding The Right Camera Bag Could Be Easy With The Discussed Tips
2. Contact The Right Audience And Executives With Pharmaceutical Companies Mailing List
Author: Jane Cannon
3. Understanding The Relevance Of Real Estate Services In 2018
Author: James Hopkins
4. Get Access To Highly Focused Quickbooks Users Email List
Author: Andrew Rayel
5. What Happiness Means To You- Certified Quantum Suc
Author: Christy Whitman
6. Some Very Basic Tricks To Get Your Accounting Right
7. Accounting Service For A Small Business Confirm A Smooth Running
8. Injured By A Drunk Driver Here’s What To Do
9. You Have To Visit The Bank's Site On The Web And Fill In The Application
Author: Brandon Jones
10. Bed Bug Treatment That's Effective And Affordable
Author: Steve Stein
11. Here Are 5 Tips That Will Keep
12. Here’s All That Your Angry Customers Want Your Business To Learn!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
13. Plastic Model Aircraft
14. An Ultimate Guide To Chlorinated Polyethylene And Its Properties
15. Schramsberg Blanc De Blancs 2012