ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Build Your Online Authority With Focused Writing Goals
Total Articles: 34
As each year comes and goes, you need to put your writing focus and writing goals under a microscope. Take the time to analyze if you're known for who you want to be known for.
In other words, if you 'really' want to be known as a top-notch ghostwriter is your focus and goals leading in that direction? Are your actions leading in that direction? Or, are you here, there, and everywhere? Are you lacking online authority in your niche?
You don't want to be known as a 'jack of all trades, master of none.'
While it can be that you have a number of different areas you're involved in, you need to pick and choose to be 'master' of one or two. It's this focus that will enable you to gain authority in your niche and to attract customers or clients. It's this focus that will motivate you to take the necessary steps to reach your goals.
So, how do you focus in on who and what you want to be known for?
This is interesting, because it can change as the years come and go. For example, I started out as a children's writer, and while I still love this aspect of my writing, I have evolved into a freelance/ghostwriter (specializing in business incentive and health writing) and an online marketer (specializing in helping authors create and build their online presence).
Finding my focus, I took the time to analyze my actions and revamp my websites to reflect what I want to be known for.
What about you?
Maybe you're a writer for children. Maybe you're a technical writer or business writer. Maybe you're a freelance writer or ghostwriter. Maybe you're all these things. But, what do you specialize in? What are you known for? Do you have online authority in a particular niche?
To help determine your area/s of focus you need to write down the questions below and answer each one (write your answers out):
• What writing arenas are you involved in?
• Do you find yourself leaning toward one or two more so than the others, if so what are they?
• Can you effectively market yourself in these areas?
• Are you writing and marketing as a hobby or to earn an income or a supplemental income? If your goal is to make money, write down how much?
• Did you have a writing/marketing goal for last year? Did you reach it? If not, why?
• What does success mean to you - what does it look like?
• Do you really want success? If so, is there anything blocking your path to it (often we sabotage our own success)?
• What do you want to be known for?
• What can your new 'signature' tag be?
You'll need to think about these questions. It might be helpful to actually have someone ask you each question and quickly give answers. Sometimes this helps you get a glimpse of what's going on subconsciously.
Once you have your goals in sight, write them down; be sure to include the tasks of increasing your online presence and mailing list. You'll need to keep those goals front and center and read them every day. The reason for this is our 'intention' can quickly be sidetracked if we don't continually keep it insight and in mind.
After you have your goals in place, write down action steps to get there. It's advisable to have a yearly calendar with goals to reach each month. Then prepare a weekly writing/marketing plan to achieve those monthly goals. Again, you need to keep those goals and action steps visible. Remember: out of sight often really does mean out of mind.
Creating focused writing goals and implementing focused action steps to reach them will definitely help you increase your online authority.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy