ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tips On Article Writing - How To Write Like A Reporter
Total Articles: 35
1. The H & 5W's
Your most important information must be in your first paragraph. "Who", "What", "Where", "When", "Why", and "How", should all be laid out in your first lines. Since most readers usually won't get past your headline and perhaps your first paragraph, try to intrigue them with interesting and to-the-point content, rather than long and vague sentences. Readers don't want to waste their time, so the closer to the top your most vital information is, the quicker your readers will grab the point of what you are sharing with them and probably stick reading for more.
2. Lead with your Important Information
Most unseasoned writers usually bury their lead and stick to traditional story-telling, failing to realize that their lead is the most significant part of their content. So, if your most important information is somewhere in the middle of your content, it will be better to start your paragraph with it.
3. Be Concise, Relevant and Precise
Although story length does not matter in a blog, it is best it keep your stories fast-moving and short. Try to find fresh, new and dynamic news but most importantly tie your news with your readers' interests. Feel their pulse and become the reflection of what they want and like reading about. What are people talking about these days? How can you tie your story with that?
Write your story without limiting yourself and then try to go through your content with an eye to what can be removed without changing your story.
4. Avoid Vagueness and Jargon
Keywords are vital for all business bloggers and web masters, since they open the way for potential customers, so jargon is sometimes necessary. However, it is important to keep a balance between visitors that know everything about your business and those that know nothing about it. A smart way out of it could be to provide a link to a definition, or a previous post that explains more of your story's background.
5. Go for Quotes
Adding other people's opinions and ideas make your blog or website more interesting, with a scent of credibility. People tend to trust other people's opinions and in the hands of the right person, such a tool could become very powerful. The only thing you must be careful of, is to get it right. You can ask people to review what they have said or conduct small interviews by email. Just correct any grammar or misspellings and you are set to go.
6. Don't Fail on Grammar
Always check for grammar mistakes and spell check. You don't want your potential customers to be turned off with such a mistake, do you? No matter how informal blog posts are, that doesn't mean they have to be sloppy.
7. Call for Action
Always close your post with a call for action, which could be a follow-up article or a website where readers can learn more about the posted topic.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away