ALL >> Business >> View Article
What Can I Do As A Manager If I’m Losing Credibility?
Total Articles: 43
redibility is important to any employee, especially for managers. Rank and file workers can be forgiven for certain slights, but it can be viewed as unforgivable when applied to managers. The rule is very simple: in order for your people to follow you, you need to be credible first. If you are not credible, they won't trust you, and if they don't trust you, they won't follow you. A manager with a not-so-united team is not worth a lot in the grand scheme of things in the workplace, no matter how many project management courses or management training he or she has under his or her belt.
If you find yourself losing your credibility among your peers and employees, you should do quick damage control measures and do whatever it takes to protect your reputation. In order to do that, you need to avoid the fallouts that can affect credibility in a negative way.
Failing on Promises
People should be able to rely on your word, so if you say you will get this report done the next day, you really SHOULD get it done the next day, or even before that date. We get it, you're not perfect. All of us have experienced falling short of our promises from time to time. But it won't look good if it already becomes a habit, which is lethal for people of in your position. Avoid promising a quick turnaround of a certain task when you know the time is not enough for you to finish it. Better commit to something on a later date and deliver on time.
Being Late All the Time
We are talking about physical tardiness here. As a manager, how do you feel when your employee shows up late for a meeting with you? Just because you're a manager doesn't exempt you from being punctual. You may get away with it when dealing with friends, but it's considered a mortal sin when you're dealing with colleagues and clients.
Minding Your Personal Life Too Much During Work Hours
We're all allowed to take phone calls or meet up with a spouse or child during work hours when it's really needed, but it's a different matter when you use company time and resources to mind your personal stuff. Calling your spouse or kids like ten times a day, especially during training courses, does not really look good on your professional image. Try your very best to take care of personal matters at home or outside the office.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better