ALL >> Business >> View Article
What Can I Do As A Manager If I’m Losing Credibility?
Total Articles: 43
redibility is important to any employee, especially for managers. Rank and file workers can be forgiven for certain slights, but it can be viewed as unforgivable when applied to managers. The rule is very simple: in order for your people to follow you, you need to be credible first. If you are not credible, they won't trust you, and if they don't trust you, they won't follow you. A manager with a not-so-united team is not worth a lot in the grand scheme of things in the workplace, no matter how many project management courses or management training he or she has under his or her belt.
If you find yourself losing your credibility among your peers and employees, you should do quick damage control measures and do whatever it takes to protect your reputation. In order to do that, you need to avoid the fallouts that can affect credibility in a negative way.
Failing on Promises
People should be able to rely on your word, so if you say you will get this report done the next day, you really SHOULD get it done the next day, or even before that date. We get it, you're not perfect. All of us have experienced falling short of our promises from time to time. But it won't look good if it already becomes a habit, which is lethal for people of in your position. Avoid promising a quick turnaround of a certain task when you know the time is not enough for you to finish it. Better commit to something on a later date and deliver on time.
Being Late All the Time
We are talking about physical tardiness here. As a manager, how do you feel when your employee shows up late for a meeting with you? Just because you're a manager doesn't exempt you from being punctual. You may get away with it when dealing with friends, but it's considered a mortal sin when you're dealing with colleagues and clients.
Minding Your Personal Life Too Much During Work Hours
We're all allowed to take phone calls or meet up with a spouse or child during work hours when it's really needed, but it's a different matter when you use company time and resources to mind your personal stuff. Calling your spouse or kids like ten times a day, especially during training courses, does not really look good on your professional image. Try your very best to take care of personal matters at home or outside the office.
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India