ALL >> Business >> View Article
Pertinent Regulations On Electronic Cigarettes In Australia
Total Articles: 17
When you are buying anything, whether it is consumer goods, appliances, vices and the like, one of the main aspects that you need to look into is the safety of using or consuming them. For example, if you are going to buy Australian electronic cigarettes you need to ask and find out first if they are, indeed, safe to use, right? There are many ways to do this. For instance, you can ask if it is safe or not straightforwardly to the vendors. However, they would just give you a YES answer right away without thinking at all. Alternatively, you can look for safety regulations instead.
Firstly, one of the best ways to check the safety of the Australian electronic cigarettes that you are going to purchase is to find out if they have the quality marks like the C-Tick logo. This is because the Australian government is requiring all imported, as well as locally manufactured electrical and electronic equipment or devices to be compliant with the emission requirements of the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). The agency that is doing this is the Australian Communications and Media Authority or ACMA, which is a statutory arm of the government under the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy or DBCDE.
Minimum Energy Performance Standards
Secondly, the Australian electronic cigarettes by Soulblu that you will buy should also meet the Minimum Energy Performance Standards or MEPS, which is also mandatory in both Australia and New Zealand. Under this, products that are manufactured inside the country or being imported into Australia are required to meet a particular level that is specified to the standards. It is a specification that contains the number of performance requirements of a particular device that uses energy. Hence, different products may have different levels of minimum standard to meet. For instance, the energy rating for refrigerators and other appliances is different from e-cigarettes.
Therapeutic Goods Administration
Thirdly, but not the least, if your Australian electronic cigarettes soulblu claim to be an aid to help people in smoking cessation, then the government considers such products as therapeutic goods. In this regard, this will already be under the jurisdiction of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), which is under the Department of Health and Ageing. TGA currently prohibits the importation and supply, as well as sale, of therapeutic goods. This is, of course, unless the said agency authorizes a particular product. However, it has not authorized electronic cigarettes yet. Hence, it is still illegal to import and sell such product if it is classified as therapeutic goods.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla