ALL >> Health >> View Article
It Is About Right Breast Implant Selection
Total Articles: 3
The surgeries for breast enlargement and implants are successful in most of the cases. However, still there are few cases, in which patient is not happy with the after-surgery results. What could be the reason behind this dissatisfaction? Yes, the reasons could be many; still the most common one is wrong selection of the implants. In this article, we will focus upon the selection between the silicone & saline implants, and see how the difference between the two matters in getting desired results.
Saline and Silicone breast implant options:
Saline and Silicone breast implants are two options that several surgeons suggest to their patients. The selection of the right type of implant plays an important role in the breast cosmetic surgery. There is a difference between both the options and so they both have their own advantages & disadvantages. Let us quickly glance at saline and silicone implants.
Saline Breast Implants:
These are salt water filled breast implants. This is a flexible option, as the implants are filled during the augmentation process. Also, with this type, there are more incision options. As these are filled during the surgery, they can be easily adjusted as per the individual requirement. Saline implants come in smooth & textured type and round & anatomic style, the selection of which can be done with the consultation of the surgeon. Let us quickly look at the advantages of this implant option:
• Slightly safer
• Ruptures can be noticed quickly
• Surgical flexibility
• Fill level adjustability
Silicone Breast Implants:
As compared to saline implants, silicone implants are considered aesthetically superior in terms of visual appearance as well as touch. These implants are pre-filled by the manufacturers only and thus, cases of filler-defects are rarely noticed. Filled with silicone gel, these implants look more like natural breast tissues. This type also has certain advantages like:
• Aesthetic supremacy
• Pre-determined ideal fill level
Silicone implants have disadvantages as well, like it is difficult to identify rupture quickly. Women with silicone implants need to have a regular MRI checkup to detect any defect and see the implants are well in place.
To make a right selection between both the implants is important to have desired results. The surgeon however would help in making decision by taking various factors like age and health issues into consideration. The health risks and long term maintenance differs between the two, so it is important to take the decision wisely.
Advisory Tip: Always consult an FDA approved surgeon for any breast surgery.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat