ALL >> Education >> View Article
Guaranteed Writing Success
Total Articles: 38
Can I guarantee your writing success?
Can you guarantee mine?
I'll give you that famous non-answer: 'it depends'.
I was speaking recently with an inquirer about the writer's support group I lead. A gentleman wanted to know what evidence I had that the group would be worth joining. He hasn't done much writing, as far as I could tell. Would he just be wasting his time and petrol coming along?
I must admit I've never been asked such a question before. This enquirer has never come to any of the meetings, but he wanted me to guarantee his success.
With an attitude like that, it is more likely that I could guarantee his failure.
Why? Am I being rude or arrogant in saying so?
No; the writer's support group is a wonderful bunch of people, but neither I nor any other member can guarantee another writer's success.
The reason the inquirer's failure may be guaranteed is because he wants to be guaranteed success before he tries.
Life is just not like that.
In fact, the writing profession (among other creative pursuits) is full of sloggers who just keep pushing on with little or even no sign of approval or success.
This leads me back to the beginning of this article: is it possible to guarantee another writer's success?
There are two main ingredients for success at any venture:
Aptitude and Attitude.
It's okay to start with a little of the first, as long as you have plenty of the right type of the second ingredient.
Aptitude - it means a natural talent. Yes, as a writer, you will need some of this to guarantee success. However, you don't need to start with much, as long as you are willing to work hard with what you've got.
Attitude - this is a general word that can have positive and negative meanings, so what attitude(s) do you need, in order to guarantee your writing success?
· Faith. This is not just a religious term, though Christian faith can certainly help you tremendously. You also need to have faith in yourself, and the talent you've been given, even if this talent seems very small to you right now.
· Hope. You'll need an attitude of hope that your efforts will be rewarded, and that what you are doing may enlighten or assist someone else on this planet. This will help you maintain the next attitude.:
· Perseverance. This is, to use a cliche, 'where the rubber meets the road'. It speaks for itself.
· Humility. I have found over and over that I need to keep learning. I'm not perfect yet (you've no doubt figured that out by now!), and the best way to ensure I keep learning is to humbly accept that I need to do so.
These attitudes will take your measure of aptitude and make it grow, and grow, and grow some more.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning