ALL >> Education >> View Article
Want To Write Prepper Fiction 5 Keys To Succeed
Total Articles: 34
Five ways to begin engaging in the prepper lifestyle in order to write from experience:
Learn the lingo. What is TEOTWAWKI or WROL or SHTF: the end of the world as we know it, without the rule of law, and shit hits the fan. If you can't speak the language, you can't communicate.
Experience shooting guns, living without connections to the grid, and working hard from dawn to dusk. If nothing else, you'll get out from behind the keyboard. The experience of these activities (among others) is valuable knowledge for writing prepper novels. Preppers often have to fend off inquisitive family, friends and strangers when they are setting up rainwater recycling barrels or learning aquaponics in their backyard. Most of the time these are busy people doing one project after another. A prepper capitalizes on their baseline of knowledge and grows it by engaging in new interesting ventures continuously.
Talk about what will happen in your own neighborhood when the grocery stores are bare and you need food for your kids. How will you react when your neighbor asks for food for his five kids. When people everywhere are looking for food it will become dangerous. Put yourself in both pairs of shoes. Empathize. Talk over different scenarios with different people. Some preppers are highly militarized while others are more focused on the homesteading aspect. You'll find all walks of life in the community these days. Even many so-called 'closet preppers' who don't tell friends or family.
When the police can't respond to all the calls, plan what you will do when civil unrest is rampant. Will you take your family and flee in the dark of night? Where? What will you do when you get there? What skills do you have to help you? Try it and experience the difficulties of bugging out with small children or obstinate teenagers who know everything. Put together a bag of items to help you on your way, it's called a BOB or bug out bag (more of the lingo). Practice carrying it on your predetermined route at three in the morning heading out of town.
There are two perspectives to consider when building scenarios. First, will you prepare and plan for the worst hoping you never need to fall back on it. Second, decide to be a taker, robbing, stealing and leeching off those that did prepare. Remember there will be both kinds. Its not all about a happy world full of rainbows and unicorns after an economic collapse. Keep the world full of conflict in your writing.
Try to model your characters and your dialog toward the ideal environment to raise children and engage in honest business but make sure to add 'bad guys' or takers so the readers get an idea of what's worth fighting for.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away