ALL >> Education >> View Article
Carpe Diem With Kindle E-books
Total Articles: 34
The rejection factor in publishing is a pill that never gets easier to swallow. Not only does it test the tenacity of the writer, but it shines a light on the seemingly backwards system.
You write something you love, something you have poured over for months, maybe years, thought only of that topic, those characters, that ending. And like you're five year old on the first day of kindergarten, you send the manuscript out to a group of well-researched agents who you optimistically swear will love this book.
Lesson number one- no one will ever care as much as you do about the work you have done.
Nothing says that more than receiving a rejection within minutes of sending an email. And the whole process of offering your work for the world offers an opening to be angry and bitter or just the opposite- to realize that very few people you encounter will be on the same page, and even fewer people will take the time to care as much as you do. These industry professionals think in terms of a different set of numbers. Instead of hours and days and words put into the manuscript, they think of your work as how many editors and publishers will want it, how many months of work it needs, and how many dollars it can potentially bring back. In this sense, the system is a bit backwards- with the decisions regarding creative voices lying in the hands of people who, most of the times do not think creatively.
Enter: Kindle EBooks. Also (rarely) known as the force that has single-handedly restored the confidence of writers. While the politics of Amazon are less than perfect, its publishing platform represents the anti-agency model. Why wait three months for a response from an agency that may or may not want to represent you, followed by an average of 14 months spent shopping editors and publishers, and finally seeing it in print, when on Amazon you can see your work published in less than twelve hours? Not only does it give a sense of redemption and validation to unsung authors from around the world, but it brings life to the saying Carpe Diem. A lot can happen in a week, whose to say what could happen in the near-two year waiting period for print publication.
If you have something to say, and all you need is a platform to seize the day, Kindle eBooks is the place for you.
Considering the amount of controversy surrounding the flux of publishing, and a very natural tendency to be in a constant state of change- I am hopeful that balance will be restored among the doers and the makers.
Education Articles1. Creativity And Creative Thinking
Author: Billy Mason
2. Huge Career Opportunities In Salesforce Field Today
Author: Riley Louis
3. The Tuition Classes For Kids In Dwarka Can Make A Difference To Excel In Maths And Science
4. 4 Basic Skills Of Hr Management
5. How To Create Business Unit
6. Overview Of Talend
7. How To Choose The Best Nata Coaching Centres In Chennai
8. Ibm Mainframe Training In Hyderabad
Author: IBM Mainframe Training in Hyderabad
9. Hire The Best Writing Company With Qualified Writers
Author: steve robert
10. Augment Visual Learning With posters
Author: Roomana Basha
11. Need Of The Hour For Every Student Or Professional - Wealth Management Course
12. I Want To Write Ios Apps. Where Do I Start?
13. Become A Professional With Python And Move Ahead With The World
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. When The Chords Of Piano Entice The Heart Of South Delhi
Author: symphony South
15. How Cognos Bi Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?