ALL >> Education >> View Article
Writers Block - Conquer It By Focusing On The Habits Of People
Total Articles: 40
The dreaded writers block often comes about because of wanting to write in far too much abstract terms. Any experienced freelance writer will probably admit that when confronted with an obstacle in thinking or writing ideas, then just take a break and think about the ordinary things happening around you.
How about a focus on the habits that people subject themselves to on a daily basis? Often it is those actions that are repeated and taken as a norm, that actually can become a great topic to write about. As human beings with strange and persistent mannerisms, we all have some good and some bad habits, irrespective that certain of them can be severely irritating.
A habit can become second nature, because it is something people do so often that it has become a natural part of their daily functioning. Habits that are met with disapproval can however be either bad for our health, or simply unpleasant or offensive, but they nevertheless make great topics to write about. Most of us have at least one bad habit that we have acquired over the years, but could have difficulty in changing it, as it does involve hard work and there is no easy way to just let it disappear overnight.
In the newspaper industry, bad news sells fast and in similar vein, bad habits also makes for interesting reading. Let's just look at a few of these
- Excessive gestures during conversation.
- Timid behaviour and always apologizing for everything.
- Constantly moaning and complaining about things beyond immediate control
- Whistling or humming the same tune all the time
- Consistently talking on cell phones whilst walking in shopping malls instead of just standing and finishing off the conversation.
The above is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg and it is of course possible to write a series of articles or even an extensive report or thick book on this topic.
In a more controversial manner, there are cultural habits, than can really get any conversation going. These are habits that are unique to certain races, languages, regions of the country, different countries, men, women, children, elderly people and so on. By example, slurping tea or coffee is frowned upon in the West, but seen as acceptable in many Eastern countries. It supposedly helps to cool down the hot beverage.
While there is much to say about writers block, not many plain, simple and easily applied solutions are given. This article is not exhaustive but attempts to offer some insights in how to look for assistance. Always try to think about strange habits you've noticed or maybe acquired yourself, and if it complements the topic you are grappling with, you will have more than enough to write about.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning