ALL >> Education >> View Article
Writers Block - Conquer It By Focusing On The Habits Of People
Total Articles: 40
The dreaded writers block often comes about because of wanting to write in far too much abstract terms. Any experienced freelance writer will probably admit that when confronted with an obstacle in thinking or writing ideas, then just take a break and think about the ordinary things happening around you.
How about a focus on the habits that people subject themselves to on a daily basis? Often it is those actions that are repeated and taken as a norm, that actually can become a great topic to write about. As human beings with strange and persistent mannerisms, we all have some good and some bad habits, irrespective that certain of them can be severely irritating.
A habit can become second nature, because it is something people do so often that it has become a natural part of their daily functioning. Habits that are met with disapproval can however be either bad for our health, or simply unpleasant or offensive, but they nevertheless make great topics to write about. Most of us have at least one bad habit that we have acquired over the years, but could have difficulty in changing it, as it does involve hard work and there is no easy way to just let it disappear overnight.
In the newspaper industry, bad news sells fast and in similar vein, bad habits also makes for interesting reading. Let's just look at a few of these
- Excessive gestures during conversation.
- Timid behaviour and always apologizing for everything.
- Constantly moaning and complaining about things beyond immediate control
- Whistling or humming the same tune all the time
- Consistently talking on cell phones whilst walking in shopping malls instead of just standing and finishing off the conversation.
The above is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg and it is of course possible to write a series of articles or even an extensive report or thick book on this topic.
In a more controversial manner, there are cultural habits, than can really get any conversation going. These are habits that are unique to certain races, languages, regions of the country, different countries, men, women, children, elderly people and so on. By example, slurping tea or coffee is frowned upon in the West, but seen as acceptable in many Eastern countries. It supposedly helps to cool down the hot beverage.
While there is much to say about writers block, not many plain, simple and easily applied solutions are given. This article is not exhaustive but attempts to offer some insights in how to look for assistance. Always try to think about strange habits you've noticed or maybe acquired yourself, and if it complements the topic you are grappling with, you will have more than enough to write about.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media