ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write A Nature Journal
Total Articles: 35
If you are a lover of the great outdoors and you spend a lot of time in outdoor pursuits you may find a natural journal something you enjoy doing. A journal is a place to express your thoughts, feelings and ideas. In a nature journal you extend that to also include your observations, nature pursuits and activities, your love of the natural world and anything else you want to include.
The easiest way to start with writing about nature is of course to go out and spend time in it. I like to find a place in a park or a particular spot and just sit, observe and make notes. What do you see around you? How much litter has been left behind? How does that make you feel? I can spend hours watching the world go by out in nature and doing this always provides me with writing material to include in my journal.
On another occasion you may choose to walk through nature. As you walk who do you meet? What do you say? What are other people doing? Be observant as you walk. I find this a great way to stay in the moment plus the exercise is really good for you! Walk in different areas too, especially if you find you stick to the same route, it is always nice to see new areas. Focus on the environment you are in and your surroundings. How have they changed since you have lived there? What do you love about that particular area? As you walk be observant to the natural world around you.
Spend time listening to the sounds of nature. What can you hear? A dog barking, the birds, the sound of water - these are all sounds that you can listen to and write about. Their effect on you, their contribution to the area you were walking in. Close your eyes for as long as you can and really focus on listening to the wonderful sounds that nature produces.
Take photos as you are out and about. Arranging a long walk in a scenic area and taking photos of what you see as you walk always provides some great journaling material. When you print off your photo do your best to describe the scene. Where you were at the time and what was going on. You can get very creative with photo journaling, especially when the photos are based in nature.
I hope those tips on writing a nature journal have inspired you to either start one or to include nature as a part of your journaling experience. It will give you a break from focusing on yourself and give you an opportunity to connect to nature in a new way. If you are not big on being outdoors use this as an opportunity to try something new. If you have children take them with you, they will appreciate the time you spend together, and you will give them stories of their own to tell in time.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning