ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Common Misconceptions Of Writing
Total Articles: 38
Writing is a very personal activity. Writers have very different preferences and styles. However, majority of writers claim doing things before writing in order to find inspiration to write, calling this mystical phase of activity with names like 'being in the zone', 'calling the muse,' among others. These zones/ muses may or may not exist, but writers must remember that nothing will inspire writing better than writing itself. A cup of coffee, a few minutes of rest, a morning stroll, all of this are valid actions to look for inspiration, but these must never become prerequisites' to the work of writing.
It is necessary to be of critical of these popular concepts since many writers defend their inactivity or the mediocrity of their writing because 'the conditions are not right', 'I couldn't find my muse', or their daily routine seems to never grant them time to indulge in creative things. Writing, whether professional or solely personal, is not pure recreation. It is a long personal and arduous journey of honing and sharpening the craft. Strive, whatever the conditions, to just write, and write again.
This is a very tricky concept, since writers must at least strive for the perfection of their craft. However, besides the clear fact that perfection is unattainable, our concepts of what is good writing and what is bad writing are very subjective. Putting your work under honest self-criticism is necessary, but the others' opinions must be taken discerningly. It may be that your views on writing and your worldviews in general may be entirely different, so constantly rebuking yourself and your work will only lead to frustration and exhaustion. Learn to listen to yourself and to others, but also learn to pick the most relevant to what you really wanted to achieve in your work.
'Never stop writing'
Why is it sometimes bad not to stop writing? How is it possible that this does not contradict the rule to simply write? It is because writers, in the first place, are part of larger social dimensions. The stuff of our writing comes not only from the vacuum of the psyche and the imagination, but also from our interactions with others and nature. To 'never stop writing' is to succumb to mere indulgence of words and verbiage. The writing process is not just about words and concepts devoid of relevance to us and to others. The life of the writer is a critical life. Stop, watch, and reflect every now and then. Look not for 'inspirations,' but for more reasons to continue writing.
Education Articles1. Creativity And Creative Thinking
Author: Billy Mason
2. Huge Career Opportunities In Salesforce Field Today
Author: Riley Louis
3. The Tuition Classes For Kids In Dwarka Can Make A Difference To Excel In Maths And Science
4. 4 Basic Skills Of Hr Management
5. How To Create Business Unit
6. Overview Of Talend
7. How To Choose The Best Nata Coaching Centres In Chennai
8. Ibm Mainframe Training In Hyderabad
Author: IBM Mainframe Training in Hyderabad
9. Hire The Best Writing Company With Qualified Writers
Author: steve robert
10. Augment Visual Learning With posters
Author: Roomana Basha
11. Need Of The Hour For Every Student Or Professional - Wealth Management Course
12. I Want To Write Ios Apps. Where Do I Start?
13. Become A Professional With Python And Move Ahead With The World
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. When The Chords Of Piano Entice The Heart Of South Delhi
Author: symphony South
15. How Cognos Bi Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?