ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Common Misconceptions Of Writing
Total Articles: 38
Writing is a very personal activity. Writers have very different preferences and styles. However, majority of writers claim doing things before writing in order to find inspiration to write, calling this mystical phase of activity with names like 'being in the zone', 'calling the muse,' among others. These zones/ muses may or may not exist, but writers must remember that nothing will inspire writing better than writing itself. A cup of coffee, a few minutes of rest, a morning stroll, all of this are valid actions to look for inspiration, but these must never become prerequisites' to the work of writing.
It is necessary to be of critical of these popular concepts since many writers defend their inactivity or the mediocrity of their writing because 'the conditions are not right', 'I couldn't find my muse', or their daily routine seems to never grant them time to indulge in creative things. Writing, whether professional or solely personal, is not pure recreation. It is a long personal and arduous journey of honing and sharpening the craft. Strive, whatever the conditions, to just write, and write again.
This is a very tricky concept, since writers must at least strive for the perfection of their craft. However, besides the clear fact that perfection is unattainable, our concepts of what is good writing and what is bad writing are very subjective. Putting your work under honest self-criticism is necessary, but the others' opinions must be taken discerningly. It may be that your views on writing and your worldviews in general may be entirely different, so constantly rebuking yourself and your work will only lead to frustration and exhaustion. Learn to listen to yourself and to others, but also learn to pick the most relevant to what you really wanted to achieve in your work.
'Never stop writing'
Why is it sometimes bad not to stop writing? How is it possible that this does not contradict the rule to simply write? It is because writers, in the first place, are part of larger social dimensions. The stuff of our writing comes not only from the vacuum of the psyche and the imagination, but also from our interactions with others and nature. To 'never stop writing' is to succumb to mere indulgence of words and verbiage. The writing process is not just about words and concepts devoid of relevance to us and to others. The life of the writer is a critical life. Stop, watch, and reflect every now and then. Look not for 'inspirations,' but for more reasons to continue writing.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning