ALL >> Business >> View Article
Positive Pressure Utility Ventilator
Total Articles: 25
Canada Fan Power Smoke Extractors (negative pressure ventilation) can be used for smoke removal but this has proven to be inferior to positive pressure ventilation.
The Positive Pressure Blower is a high volume fan use to pressurize a burning structure, in case of fire, in order to force the smoke out. Positive Pressure Blowers are portable, gasoline powered fans, most of which utilize a 5.5 horsepower engine. The theory of positive pressure ventilation is based on the principal of even pressure distribution. Once a structure is pressurized, air and smoke can be forced out through any opening (similar to escaping from an inflated baloon).
Canada Fan Co. has jdeveloped new Low Profile Positive Pressure Ventilators that have been designed to fit in tight compartments ans small spaces without scarificing performance or features. These compact ventilation blowers are available is both gasoline driven conviguration and with 115/230V single phase electric motor.
What makes Positive Pressure Ventilation superior to negative pressure ?
* The risk of injury from the engaged structure is reduced while placing the fan in operation.
* Positive pressure ventilation is faster to set up and requires fewer personnel.
* The Positive Pressure Blower has a self contained power source, while electric fans require cords and adaptors.
* Smoke and heat is removed from all levels of the structure unlike negative pressure which can result in localized extraction.
* Quicker results. After initial knockdown, positive pressure ventilation can be initiated and will show immediate improvements in the interior conditions.
* It allows replacement of contaminants with vital cooler, cleaner air - especially in sealed or windowless buildings. It's also very effective in large and compartmentalized buildings, warehouses, schools, etc.
* Quick results allow firefighters faster entry due to lower heat levels and improved visibility.
The following criteria should be considered for effective use of Positive Ventilation:
- The cone of air must cover the intake opening. The fan must be placed the correct distance from the structure such as that the cone of air forms a seal around the opening.
- The size and location of the discharge is important. The discharge, if at all possible should be as high and far away from the intake as is practical. The discharge size should be between 3/4 to 1/2 times the intake. This may not always be possible as the fire may have already dictated discharge locations and sizes; but whenever there is a choice, the above criteria should be used.
- It is important to control the ait flow between the intake and discharge. Positive pressure ventilation can move air long distances if proper control is maintained by opening and closing doors, windows, etc. It is important that firefighters understand not to open the structure too much: ie breaking windows, etc.
The standard features of Canada Fan Positive Pressure Ventilators include: fold down "T" handle; 8" pneumatic tires with full width axle; a "tilt and lock" device that allows the unit to be angled 20 degrees up or down with infinite positions in between; sturdy and light 1 inch wrap around frame. Explosion proof electric motors are available as drivers too.
The optimum ventilator placement distance on most 6'6" doors is about five to six feet away. If placement is too close, the seal won't be achieved. If placement is too far away, the cone of air will be hitting well outside the opening.
For additional information please refer to http://cincinnatifan.net/radialblower.html
Ventilation Equipment Engineer
Canada Fan Co.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla