ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Get Started As A Freelance Copywriter
Total Articles: 39
What does it take to be a successful freelance copywriter? Apart from talent which you're either born with or not, there are one or two things you can do for yourself.
HERE ARE FIVE THINGS THAT'LL HELP YOU GET STARTED AS A FREELANCE COPYWRITER
1. Get started!
The hardest thing and the easiest thing really. Lots of people talk about becoming a freelance copywriter but never get round to actually doing anything. There are a number of ways of getting up and running. You can start out advertising writing services on sites like Fiverr. Or if you have a portfolio or samples of your work you can go to Constant Content, Elance or any of a number of freelance sites on the internet. Once you've got some real writing jobs under your belt it's a lot easier to approach ad agencies because you'll have something to show that you really can write.
2. Know who you're writing for
When you first start out you might try your hand at writing articles about stuff you know a bit about. But what next? Who or what is your target audience? Who would want to read your article? What parts of the internet do they frequent? Once you know the specific group of people you are trying to get your message out to, then write your article and get in front of them. For example, if you're looking to target teenagers you're not going to go and put your article in front of twenty or thirty something year old soccer moms. Know where to showcase your work.
3. Learn how to write a good headline
One of the things you will have to know how to do if you're going to succeed in copywriting is how to write a compelling headline. Some even say it's the most important part of your copy. After all, if the headline does not prompt the reader to go on any further, then all your work has pretty much been for nothing. Look online for advice on what a successful headline should look like and don't be afraid to experiment with it a little.
4. Get your own website
Regardless of how you choose to begin your copywriting career one thing is for certain. To be successful in the long run you will have to have your own website. A place where only your work and services will be presented. You can put one of these sites together quite simply using nothing more than WordPress. This will announce to people that you are a professional and serious about copywriting.
5. Remember the "3 Ps"
Last but certainly not least, practise, practise and then practise some more. Never stop learning your craft. Study the copywriting masters and emulate them - without plagiarizing them in the process! Find out what works for them and why. Then incorporate that into your style of writing.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program