ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Get Started As A Freelance Copywriter
Total Articles: 39
What does it take to be a successful freelance copywriter? Apart from talent which you're either born with or not, there are one or two things you can do for yourself.
HERE ARE FIVE THINGS THAT'LL HELP YOU GET STARTED AS A FREELANCE COPYWRITER
1. Get started!
The hardest thing and the easiest thing really. Lots of people talk about becoming a freelance copywriter but never get round to actually doing anything. There are a number of ways of getting up and running. You can start out advertising writing services on sites like Fiverr. Or if you have a portfolio or samples of your work you can go to Constant Content, Elance or any of a number of freelance sites on the internet. Once you've got some real writing jobs under your belt it's a lot easier to approach ad agencies because you'll have something to show that you really can write.
2. Know who you're writing for
When you first start out you might try your hand at writing articles about stuff you know a bit about. But what next? Who or what is your target audience? Who would want to read your article? What parts of the internet do they frequent? Once you know the specific group of people you are trying to get your message out to, then write your article and get in front of them. For example, if you're looking to target teenagers you're not going to go and put your article in front of twenty or thirty something year old soccer moms. Know where to showcase your work.
3. Learn how to write a good headline
One of the things you will have to know how to do if you're going to succeed in copywriting is how to write a compelling headline. Some even say it's the most important part of your copy. After all, if the headline does not prompt the reader to go on any further, then all your work has pretty much been for nothing. Look online for advice on what a successful headline should look like and don't be afraid to experiment with it a little.
4. Get your own website
Regardless of how you choose to begin your copywriting career one thing is for certain. To be successful in the long run you will have to have your own website. A place where only your work and services will be presented. You can put one of these sites together quite simply using nothing more than WordPress. This will announce to people that you are a professional and serious about copywriting.
5. Remember the "3 Ps"
Last but certainly not least, practise, practise and then practise some more. Never stop learning your craft. Study the copywriting masters and emulate them - without plagiarizing them in the process! Find out what works for them and why. Then incorporate that into your style of writing.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy