ALL >> Education >> View Article
Descriptive Adverbs And Their Use In Sentences
Total Articles: 37
When writing stories, word selection is a critical differetiator between great and good performance. Descriptive words can help to push writing further along this path. When describing verbs, there are certain words that we can use to improve our stories.
These words are also called manner adverbs, and their main function is conveying certain information about adjectives, verbs or other adverbs. They show us how and where an action is taking place, and can also be used to modify the intensity of an adjective or regular verb. In English language adverbs usually end with the phrase -ly.
1. When used in adjusting verbs they often show the how, in what manner and degree/extent to which the action has been done. Moreover, the adverb can be placed next to a primary verb but only when there's a single verb in the whole sentence. In a few cases it's applied just before the secondary verb. For example, all over the world Christians merrily and happily celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25th.
2. They may be applied in modifying adjectives. However, note that most adverbs don't form distinctive endings. Illustration, in all corners of the meeting one could see spontaneously arranged groups with friends, kin and strangers.
3. Descriptive adverbs may also amend other adverbs. For instance, the party ended impressively peacefully by 6 AM.
4. Some manner adverbs don't have any adjective equivalents. Like, I can hardly believe what he said.
5. The special word can further be used to express attitude or specific reaction towards an event. Examples in sentences include, my buddy foolishly drank excess beer and began to stagger, I asked if she could willfully accompany me to the party or he had surprisingly arrived in the nick of time.
6. A few descriptive adverbs can be formed by introducing pair suffixes to nouns. Such as, the cops had to show up on different occasions while investigating the crime case by case. Or many homeowners prefer buying their furnishings piece by piece in order to save costs.
7. These words are further used to describe an emerging character trait observed in someone. For example, nowadays he boastfully flaunts his wealth for everyone to see.
8. They also add significance and relevant detail to sentences. In such cases, comparisons may occasionally be used to strike the reader's imagination. Example, the mysteriously missing stranger reminded me of kidnapping incident that took place in the same place two years ago.
In summary, descriptive adverbs add life and pleasure to the art of writing.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away