ALL >> Education >> View Article
Descriptive Adverbs And Their Use In Sentences
Total Articles: 37
When writing stories, word selection is a critical differetiator between great and good performance. Descriptive words can help to push writing further along this path. When describing verbs, there are certain words that we can use to improve our stories.
These words are also called manner adverbs, and their main function is conveying certain information about adjectives, verbs or other adverbs. They show us how and where an action is taking place, and can also be used to modify the intensity of an adjective or regular verb. In English language adverbs usually end with the phrase -ly.
1. When used in adjusting verbs they often show the how, in what manner and degree/extent to which the action has been done. Moreover, the adverb can be placed next to a primary verb but only when there's a single verb in the whole sentence. In a few cases it's applied just before the secondary verb. For example, all over the world Christians merrily and happily celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25th.
2. They may be applied in modifying adjectives. However, note that most adverbs don't form distinctive endings. Illustration, in all corners of the meeting one could see spontaneously arranged groups with friends, kin and strangers.
3. Descriptive adverbs may also amend other adverbs. For instance, the party ended impressively peacefully by 6 AM.
4. Some manner adverbs don't have any adjective equivalents. Like, I can hardly believe what he said.
5. The special word can further be used to express attitude or specific reaction towards an event. Examples in sentences include, my buddy foolishly drank excess beer and began to stagger, I asked if she could willfully accompany me to the party or he had surprisingly arrived in the nick of time.
6. A few descriptive adverbs can be formed by introducing pair suffixes to nouns. Such as, the cops had to show up on different occasions while investigating the crime case by case. Or many homeowners prefer buying their furnishings piece by piece in order to save costs.
7. These words are further used to describe an emerging character trait observed in someone. For example, nowadays he boastfully flaunts his wealth for everyone to see.
8. They also add significance and relevant detail to sentences. In such cases, comparisons may occasionally be used to strike the reader's imagination. Example, the mysteriously missing stranger reminded me of kidnapping incident that took place in the same place two years ago.
In summary, descriptive adverbs add life and pleasure to the art of writing.
Education Articles1. Govt Jobs In Tamil Nadu
2. Initiate A New Confidence In Your Kids Through Summer Camps
3. Expert Training For Nda Cds Ssb Since 1987
Author: Captain Sehgal
4. Jmit - Providing An Edge In Knowlede
Author: ponting brown
5. C_afaria_02 Real Pdf Exam Material
Author: Dennis Ng
6. C2090-621 Exam Dumps
Author: Dennis Ng
7. Important Features Of Sas And Plsql Training Programs Offered By Professionals
8. 5 Ways To Find The Best Pre-school In Bhopal For Your Child
9. 7230x Latest Certification Tests
Author: Dennis Ng
10. Business Environment Strategic Management
Author: shubham mishra
11. Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad- Genius It Solutions
Author: madhu krishna
12. 3 Reasons Why Dual Degree Graduate Program Is Best For Present Generation
Author: Salem Montakah
13. Best Vmware Training Institute In Bangalore
14. Can A Private Post Graduate Degree Holder Appear In Ugc-net Exam?
Author: Gaurav Sharma
15. Is It Really Worth To Choose Law As A Career?
Author: onlineassignment expert