ALL >> Education >> View Article
Descriptive Adverbs And Their Use In Sentences
Total Articles: 37
When writing stories, word selection is a critical differetiator between great and good performance. Descriptive words can help to push writing further along this path. When describing verbs, there are certain words that we can use to improve our stories.
These words are also called manner adverbs, and their main function is conveying certain information about adjectives, verbs or other adverbs. They show us how and where an action is taking place, and can also be used to modify the intensity of an adjective or regular verb. In English language adverbs usually end with the phrase -ly.
1. When used in adjusting verbs they often show the how, in what manner and degree/extent to which the action has been done. Moreover, the adverb can be placed next to a primary verb but only when there's a single verb in the whole sentence. In a few cases it's applied just before the secondary verb. For example, all over the world Christians merrily and happily celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25th.
2. They may be applied in modifying adjectives. However, note that most adverbs don't form distinctive endings. Illustration, in all corners of the meeting one could see spontaneously arranged groups with friends, kin and strangers.
3. Descriptive adverbs may also amend other adverbs. For instance, the party ended impressively peacefully by 6 AM.
4. Some manner adverbs don't have any adjective equivalents. Like, I can hardly believe what he said.
5. The special word can further be used to express attitude or specific reaction towards an event. Examples in sentences include, my buddy foolishly drank excess beer and began to stagger, I asked if she could willfully accompany me to the party or he had surprisingly arrived in the nick of time.
6. A few descriptive adverbs can be formed by introducing pair suffixes to nouns. Such as, the cops had to show up on different occasions while investigating the crime case by case. Or many homeowners prefer buying their furnishings piece by piece in order to save costs.
7. These words are further used to describe an emerging character trait observed in someone. For example, nowadays he boastfully flaunts his wealth for everyone to see.
8. They also add significance and relevant detail to sentences. In such cases, comparisons may occasionally be used to strike the reader's imagination. Example, the mysteriously missing stranger reminded me of kidnapping incident that took place in the same place two years ago.
In summary, descriptive adverbs add life and pleasure to the art of writing.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar