ALL >> Education >> View Article
Free Yourself With Free Writing
Total Articles: 34
This is meant as a guide to anyone wishing to take part in a free writing session. Free writing need not take place in a classroom. The aim is to enjoy the process of writing for the sake of it. Ideally, it should take place in a quiet environment but this is not essential. The main emphasis is on the fun of writing anything that comes into your head.
The most basic of this form of writing is where you write non-stop for about 15 to 20 minutes. There is no need to correct any grammar or punctuation or care what subject you write about.
It may seem difficult to do this at first, but the benefits this can bring are tremendous. This writing process will help you get rid of writer's block, as it can erase the tensions that can make a writer lose all confidence in their ability to write. Think of it as a kind of warm up exercise.
If a writer is half way through a particular chapter and cannot move on, the free writing process can help them progress forward. Practising this way of writing can eliminate the self-doubt and self-critic inside, that will sometime cause this "freezing up" of the creative flow. It can be a great way of writing without the fear and tension that can build up from the fear of making a mistake.
This way of writing may be difficult to get used to at first. It will enable you to write in a more spontaneous way, and can even help you see things from a new angle that you never even noticed before.
There is one way of free writing that is called looping, and this will help you focus more and enable you to concentrate on your chosen topic. The free writing will be practiced by looping a 10-minute session one after the other.
Each loop of this will be more precise than the previous one and this is done in the same free writing way.
You examine what you have written and then circle a word or phrase that springs out at you.
Then you free write again focusing on the word or phrase you have chosen in the previous loop. Asking someone else to circle a word or phrase is also an excellent way of looping.
If you repeat this process three or four times this could be one way of curing writer's block and building back the confidence in your writing.
The author has been writing for several years and has contributed articles to various Ezines and Blogs. She lives in Somerset with husband Hywel and several pampered pets.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning