ALL >> Education >> View Article
Free Yourself With Free Writing
Total Articles: 34
This is meant as a guide to anyone wishing to take part in a free writing session. Free writing need not take place in a classroom. The aim is to enjoy the process of writing for the sake of it. Ideally, it should take place in a quiet environment but this is not essential. The main emphasis is on the fun of writing anything that comes into your head.
The most basic of this form of writing is where you write non-stop for about 15 to 20 minutes. There is no need to correct any grammar or punctuation or care what subject you write about.
It may seem difficult to do this at first, but the benefits this can bring are tremendous. This writing process will help you get rid of writer's block, as it can erase the tensions that can make a writer lose all confidence in their ability to write. Think of it as a kind of warm up exercise.
If a writer is half way through a particular chapter and cannot move on, the free writing process can help them progress forward. Practising this way of writing can eliminate the self-doubt and self-critic inside, that will sometime cause this "freezing up" of the creative flow. It can be a great way of writing without the fear and tension that can build up from the fear of making a mistake.
This way of writing may be difficult to get used to at first. It will enable you to write in a more spontaneous way, and can even help you see things from a new angle that you never even noticed before.
There is one way of free writing that is called looping, and this will help you focus more and enable you to concentrate on your chosen topic. The free writing will be practiced by looping a 10-minute session one after the other.
Each loop of this will be more precise than the previous one and this is done in the same free writing way.
You examine what you have written and then circle a word or phrase that springs out at you.
Then you free write again focusing on the word or phrase you have chosen in the previous loop. Asking someone else to circle a word or phrase is also an excellent way of looping.
If you repeat this process three or four times this could be one way of curing writer's block and building back the confidence in your writing.
The author has been writing for several years and has contributed articles to various Ezines and Blogs. She lives in Somerset with husband Hywel and several pampered pets.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma