ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Benefits To Creating An Ebook (plus Six Steps To Creating One)
Total Articles: 40
As a writer, you have no doubt learned a thing or two on the writing path. And, if you're starting out, you're in the process of learning. This knowledge can be turned into an eBook. One of the simplest ways to create an eBook is to write what you know. But, keep in mind the information you offer must be of value and something others will want or need.
3 Benefits to Creating an eBook
1. Creating an eBook is easy and cheap.
Ebooks are simple to create and you can't beat the cost. You can create one for NO money, or very close to it. The primary cost is your time, in addition to some effort.
2. You can make money with an eBook. It's a product you can sell right from your own website.
3. It's the perfect 'ethical bribe.'
While just about all writers want to make money from their writing, the 'ethical bribe' is probably more important than simply selling a product.
If you're wondering why giving your eBook away for free is of more value to you than selling it, the answer is your mailing list.
For those who are unfamiliar with an 'ethical bribe,' it's a free gift that you use as an enticement to get visitors to sign up for your newsletter or say YES to another call-to-action you have in place.
Whether you create an eBook to sell or use as an 'ethical bribe,' both options are beneficial. You can even take an excerpt from a 'for sale' eBook and turn it into a 'freebie' offering.
So, now that you know the benefits of creating an eBook, let's go over the basic steps to actually creating one.
6 Basic Steps to Creating an eBook for Free
1. Create content. Simply open a Word document and start typing away. Get all that expert knowledge you've accumulated over the year/s and create your content. Just be sure that your content is reliable and will actually be of value to your readers.
Pretty easy so far, right?
2. Edit and organize your content into an easy reading document. Be sure to leave plenty of white space, as it makes for easier reading. White space means creating short paragraphs - take note of how I formatted this article. There's plenty of white space.
3. Add images (optional). Now that your content is set, you can add pictures (images). If you can believe it, this is free also. You can use clip art, take your own pictures and turn them into jpgs, or create your own images (it's easier than you think).
4. Edit your content again. Having a polished and professional looking product is essential.
5. Create a cover using Microsoft Office.
6. Create a PDF. Now, you'll need to turn the Word document into a PDF with a PDF converter. The newer Word versions have converters built in - check your Print feature.
Or, you can upload the Word doc onto Kindle, Smashwords, Lulu, or another similar service. The service you choose will have instructions on formatting it.
That's it. You have an eBook!
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy