ALL >> Education >> View Article
3 Benefits To Creating An Ebook (plus Six Steps To Creating One)
Total Articles: 40
As a writer, you have no doubt learned a thing or two on the writing path. And, if you're starting out, you're in the process of learning. This knowledge can be turned into an eBook. One of the simplest ways to create an eBook is to write what you know. But, keep in mind the information you offer must be of value and something others will want or need.
3 Benefits to Creating an eBook
1. Creating an eBook is easy and cheap.
Ebooks are simple to create and you can't beat the cost. You can create one for NO money, or very close to it. The primary cost is your time, in addition to some effort.
2. You can make money with an eBook. It's a product you can sell right from your own website.
3. It's the perfect 'ethical bribe.'
While just about all writers want to make money from their writing, the 'ethical bribe' is probably more important than simply selling a product.
If you're wondering why giving your eBook away for free is of more value to you than selling it, the answer is your mailing list.
For those who are unfamiliar with an 'ethical bribe,' it's a free gift that you use as an enticement to get visitors to sign up for your newsletter or say YES to another call-to-action you have in place.
Whether you create an eBook to sell or use as an 'ethical bribe,' both options are beneficial. You can even take an excerpt from a 'for sale' eBook and turn it into a 'freebie' offering.
So, now that you know the benefits of creating an eBook, let's go over the basic steps to actually creating one.
6 Basic Steps to Creating an eBook for Free
1. Create content. Simply open a Word document and start typing away. Get all that expert knowledge you've accumulated over the year/s and create your content. Just be sure that your content is reliable and will actually be of value to your readers.
Pretty easy so far, right?
2. Edit and organize your content into an easy reading document. Be sure to leave plenty of white space, as it makes for easier reading. White space means creating short paragraphs - take note of how I formatted this article. There's plenty of white space.
3. Add images (optional). Now that your content is set, you can add pictures (images). If you can believe it, this is free also. You can use clip art, take your own pictures and turn them into jpgs, or create your own images (it's easier than you think).
4. Edit your content again. Having a polished and professional looking product is essential.
5. Create a cover using Microsoft Office.
6. Create a PDF. Now, you'll need to turn the Word document into a PDF with a PDF converter. The newer Word versions have converters built in - check your Print feature.
Or, you can upload the Word doc onto Kindle, Smashwords, Lulu, or another similar service. The service you choose will have instructions on formatting it.
That's it. You have an eBook!
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni