ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Traveling Writer Never Turns Their Mind Off
Total Articles: 36
Not long ago, an online acquaintance reminded me that when on vacation a writer shouldn't be without a pen and paper to jot down ideas, thoughts, and interesting things for future writing material - they then shared some interesting ideas and strategies to both enjoy ones vacation and also get some nice content ideas. I explained to them that; "Those are some darn decent tips I'd say."
Interestingly enough, I've traveled a bit in my life, airlines, ships, motor homes, etc. and I've had great joy in writing about my travels and sharing them with the world. So, I personally always take a journal, note pad, and jot down ideas for articles.
Let's say you have a 5-hour flight, well, add to that the waiting for the TSA screening, luggage, boarding, etc. - you have probably a good 7-8 hours of time to think and come up with great article titles, insights and relevant content - you should do that. If you have a digital recorder that can work too, but make sure you take batteries and the charging unit.
Smart phones are okay for jotting down quick notes, and checking on information confirming your thoughts and ideas. You could easily write 20 articles in 7 hours or at least all the hard work foundation when traveling, and once you get there, always take a pen and piece of paper to write on, you will be amazed at the ideas you get. Make your vacation productive by leaving your mind running, you'll get more out of your vacation and attain deeper insight.
Not everyone believes that writers should write on vacation, some say you should take the time off, relax and rejuvenate. For them I say; "Bravo! And I hear where you are coming from and see your point, people should indeed get out and smell the roses, and feel the warmth of the sun on their vacation touching the essence of the human soul, as they taste their success," and therefore relaxing is important - still, even when I vacation I still will take a job, walk or do some exercise and attempt to eat well, even with different types of food.
People on vacation sleep, eat, think, and well, writing can be a part of life - another way of looking at the world. Photographers don't go on vacation without a camera, runners don't go without taking running shoes, and writers shouldn't go without taking a note pad.
I for one don't disagree with what those who want to relax and not write at all on vacation, and I understand what they are saying - their point is more than valid, still, writing is relaxing in a way. And writing about something different gives new insight, joy, and better perspective in life - so, for me, I'll take the note pad and leave my mind open and on. Please consider all this and think on it.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning