ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Traveling Writer Never Turns Their Mind Off
Total Articles: 36
Not long ago, an online acquaintance reminded me that when on vacation a writer shouldn't be without a pen and paper to jot down ideas, thoughts, and interesting things for future writing material - they then shared some interesting ideas and strategies to both enjoy ones vacation and also get some nice content ideas. I explained to them that; "Those are some darn decent tips I'd say."
Interestingly enough, I've traveled a bit in my life, airlines, ships, motor homes, etc. and I've had great joy in writing about my travels and sharing them with the world. So, I personally always take a journal, note pad, and jot down ideas for articles.
Let's say you have a 5-hour flight, well, add to that the waiting for the TSA screening, luggage, boarding, etc. - you have probably a good 7-8 hours of time to think and come up with great article titles, insights and relevant content - you should do that. If you have a digital recorder that can work too, but make sure you take batteries and the charging unit.
Smart phones are okay for jotting down quick notes, and checking on information confirming your thoughts and ideas. You could easily write 20 articles in 7 hours or at least all the hard work foundation when traveling, and once you get there, always take a pen and piece of paper to write on, you will be amazed at the ideas you get. Make your vacation productive by leaving your mind running, you'll get more out of your vacation and attain deeper insight.
Not everyone believes that writers should write on vacation, some say you should take the time off, relax and rejuvenate. For them I say; "Bravo! And I hear where you are coming from and see your point, people should indeed get out and smell the roses, and feel the warmth of the sun on their vacation touching the essence of the human soul, as they taste their success," and therefore relaxing is important - still, even when I vacation I still will take a job, walk or do some exercise and attempt to eat well, even with different types of food.
People on vacation sleep, eat, think, and well, writing can be a part of life - another way of looking at the world. Photographers don't go on vacation without a camera, runners don't go without taking running shoes, and writers shouldn't go without taking a note pad.
I for one don't disagree with what those who want to relax and not write at all on vacation, and I understand what they are saying - their point is more than valid, still, writing is relaxing in a way. And writing about something different gives new insight, joy, and better perspective in life - so, for me, I'll take the note pad and leave my mind open and on. Please consider all this and think on it.
Education Articles1. Want To Improve Your Brand Visibility Buy Private School Data Lists From School Data Lists
2. Best Selenium Training, Online Institute In Hyderabad Bangalore
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Ameerpet
4. What Does Your Texas Or Pennsylvania Online Real Estate Course Need To Have?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. Why Are People Taking Their New York Or California Real Estate License Course Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
6. Rpa – What Do You Need To Know
7. 5 Countries Where You Can Earn A Living While Studying
Author: Pranati Roy
8. Which Are The Best Bba Colleges In India?
Author: ies online12
9. What Are The Top Engineering Colleges In Bangalore?
10. How Is Jain University, Bangalore? How Are The Faculty, Placements, The Campus And The Overall Facto
11. How To Prepare For Neet
Author: Kriti Chopra
12. How To Be A Better Learner
Author: Aadarsh Agarwal
13. How To Master The Art Of Assignment Writing In 5 Easy Steps
Author: Tiana Crush
14. Optimize Your Hospital’s - Digital Marketing Strategy 2018
Author: Ajay Kumar
15. Learn Cpr At Your Convenience With An Online Cpr Class
Author: Christopher Bayer