ALL >> Education >> View Article
As Science Fact Advances, So Must Science Fiction Writing
Total Articles: 41
Science Fiction audiences are becoming more and more sophisticated with each passing year. As the science fiction of yesterday becomes the science fact of today, the modern day science fiction writer must stretch the imagination to predict what is not only a possible future, but a plausible one as well. Just as many computers are outdated within a few months, a Sci-Fi writer's material could find itself dated and not worth reading with in a year or two of its publication. So how can you prevent such an awful thing from happening?
First, if you find that you can't write science fiction without including futuristic gadgets, make sure they are something that could be possible. Use your mind to extrapolate the science that lies around you in everyday life. Will computers get smaller and more personal? Ocular implants that are controlled by eye movement or blinking? Will cars someday drive themselves quietly across the country? Around the world? Will we someday reach out beyond the stars to find other people? These are the questions to ask.
Second, once you've answered those questions think about human nature. It certainly won't change much over the next several thousands of years. Does your story have action? Romance? Adventure? Can your story cross the boundaries of one simple genre and attract readers who enjoy other areas of fiction? Does your story contain history and similarities to our historical past? Remember, history repeats itself!
Lastly, can your story stand the test of time? Will readers in twenty or thirty years enjoy what you've written as much as your readers of today? The masters of science fiction create, imagine and envision so that, no matter what age, we still enjoy the imaginative descriptions penned in each paragraph. Make sure that what you write today, will be worth reading tomorrow. Unless your story is based in the world of today, or makes reference to the past, try not to use modern slang phrases or references to technology of today's world. Be creative and unique. Make up your own future and write it as you see a society would end up in your imagined future. Will it be bright and prosperous with glimpses of poverty and discontent lurking around each corner? Will it be dismal and dark, in need of a hero to come save it? Or will it be numerous combinations of places across space, time and dimensions that your lead characters will explore?
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool