ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tip For Writers - How To Prepare Your Portfolio
Total Articles: 37
As a professional, it is expected of you to manage a portfolio. But surprisingly, there are a lot of people who have no idea how to actually write a portfolio. Here is a brief outline on how to design and put together a good portfolio that sells you and your work without effort.
Consider the purpose of the portfolio
What are you preparing this portfolio for? Is it for an academic course that you have taken? Is it for a job? Are you trying to win in a competition? The purpose of your portfolio can say a lot about the way you prepare the portfolio and the kind of material you include in the same. Your audience will also influence the way you put the portfolio. If you are submitting the portfolio for college, focus more on the kind of writing that you have done and the best of your articles. In case you are submitting this for the sake of work, you would not just have to sell your work, you would have to sell yourself, as the writer. Pick articles that provide your perspective on things more and show the employer the wide range of work you are capable of doing.
Selecting the right kind of work for your portfolio
You would first have to choose the number of essays you want to include. The optimum number of articles for a portfolio is 5 to 7. Make sure that you include some academic writing, a personal essay, a report, a story, any work of yours that has already been published, and your favourite pieces of writing. You are the judge of the same. In case you are applying for a particular position and you feel like you have written something that is directly related to the job you are applying to.
Completing your portfolio
Once you have decided the kind of articles you want included in the portfolio, you would have to organize it in the right order. Put your best piece of writing first, in case you have not written anything that directly relates to the job or the position you are writing for. After this, prepare a written statement of your portfolio. Add a description of the work you have done, explain why you have chosen the articles you chose and why you think you are suitable for the position or for the award. Make sure that you talk about yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses in this written statement. Make sure that you include your contact details in the same.
Education Articles1. Creativity And Creative Thinking
Author: Billy Mason
2. Huge Career Opportunities In Salesforce Field Today
Author: Riley Louis
3. The Tuition Classes For Kids In Dwarka Can Make A Difference To Excel In Maths And Science
4. 4 Basic Skills Of Hr Management
5. How To Create Business Unit
6. Overview Of Talend
7. How To Choose The Best Nata Coaching Centres In Chennai
8. Ibm Mainframe Training In Hyderabad
Author: IBM Mainframe Training in Hyderabad
9. Hire The Best Writing Company With Qualified Writers
Author: steve robert
10. Augment Visual Learning With posters
Author: Roomana Basha
11. Need Of The Hour For Every Student Or Professional - Wealth Management Course
12. I Want To Write Ios Apps. Where Do I Start?
13. Become A Professional With Python And Move Ahead With The World
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. When The Chords Of Piano Entice The Heart Of South Delhi
Author: symphony South
15. How Cognos Bi Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?