ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tip For Writers - How To Prepare Your Portfolio
Total Articles: 37
As a professional, it is expected of you to manage a portfolio. But surprisingly, there are a lot of people who have no idea how to actually write a portfolio. Here is a brief outline on how to design and put together a good portfolio that sells you and your work without effort.
Consider the purpose of the portfolio
What are you preparing this portfolio for? Is it for an academic course that you have taken? Is it for a job? Are you trying to win in a competition? The purpose of your portfolio can say a lot about the way you prepare the portfolio and the kind of material you include in the same. Your audience will also influence the way you put the portfolio. If you are submitting the portfolio for college, focus more on the kind of writing that you have done and the best of your articles. In case you are submitting this for the sake of work, you would not just have to sell your work, you would have to sell yourself, as the writer. Pick articles that provide your perspective on things more and show the employer the wide range of work you are capable of doing.
Selecting the right kind of work for your portfolio
You would first have to choose the number of essays you want to include. The optimum number of articles for a portfolio is 5 to 7. Make sure that you include some academic writing, a personal essay, a report, a story, any work of yours that has already been published, and your favourite pieces of writing. You are the judge of the same. In case you are applying for a particular position and you feel like you have written something that is directly related to the job you are applying to.
Completing your portfolio
Once you have decided the kind of articles you want included in the portfolio, you would have to organize it in the right order. Put your best piece of writing first, in case you have not written anything that directly relates to the job or the position you are writing for. After this, prepare a written statement of your portfolio. Add a description of the work you have done, explain why you have chosen the articles you chose and why you think you are suitable for the position or for the award. Make sure that you talk about yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses in this written statement. Make sure that you include your contact details in the same.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning