ALL >> Education >> View Article
7 Tips To Write A Great Resume
Total Articles: 40
A resume is the crucial tool in any job hunt. It is through the resume that you make your first impression on your prospective employer. The resume should be neat, attractive and above all should state the facts. It should not only be informative but also be interesting. It should give the employer a complete picture about you. The primary goal of a resume is that it should create an impact and let the employer know that you are the perfect candidate for that specific post. For this, your resume should exude confidence.
Writing a great resume is not a Herculean task, but there are certain guidelines that need to be followed, so that you create your best first impression. Some of the tips are discussed below.
1. Design your resume to grab attention - The first impression always counts. So ensure that your resume grabs the attention of the prospective employer at one glance.
2. Keep it short - Everyday employers receive lots of resumes. They won't have the time go through lengthy resumes that run into 3 to 4 pages. Hence it is necessary that you keep your resume short and simple. Whatever you want elaborate, you can do so in fluent English while appearing for an interview.
3. State your objective - Though not mandatory, it is advisable that you mention your objective of applying for a particular post in the company. You need not elaborate on it but mention it in a sentence or two. The objective conveys your intention to your prospective employer. You need to change your objective depending upon the post for which you apply.
4. Highlight your educational qualification - This is one of the crucial things. State your educational qualification in fluent English and also emphasize on any other skills you possess that might be relevant to the job.
5. Work experience - Mention clearly your work experiences in chronological order. Use bulleting to do so.
6. Ensure that your resume is error free - Once you have finished writing your resume, check for grammar, spelling, punctuation and format. Any error of this kind might create a negative effect.
7. Be honest - Making false claims in your resume might land you in the interview room. But remember that the employers do background checks.
Before writing a resume contemplate on certain things. Put yourself in the employer's shoes and try to think from his perspective. Understand what he is looking for and why he should hire you for that specific task. Then try to market yourself. Remember the product that is best marketed is always in demand.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni