ALL >> Education >> View Article
7 Tips To Write A Great Resume
Total Articles: 40
A resume is the crucial tool in any job hunt. It is through the resume that you make your first impression on your prospective employer. The resume should be neat, attractive and above all should state the facts. It should not only be informative but also be interesting. It should give the employer a complete picture about you. The primary goal of a resume is that it should create an impact and let the employer know that you are the perfect candidate for that specific post. For this, your resume should exude confidence.
Writing a great resume is not a Herculean task, but there are certain guidelines that need to be followed, so that you create your best first impression. Some of the tips are discussed below.
1. Design your resume to grab attention - The first impression always counts. So ensure that your resume grabs the attention of the prospective employer at one glance.
2. Keep it short - Everyday employers receive lots of resumes. They won't have the time go through lengthy resumes that run into 3 to 4 pages. Hence it is necessary that you keep your resume short and simple. Whatever you want elaborate, you can do so in fluent English while appearing for an interview.
3. State your objective - Though not mandatory, it is advisable that you mention your objective of applying for a particular post in the company. You need not elaborate on it but mention it in a sentence or two. The objective conveys your intention to your prospective employer. You need to change your objective depending upon the post for which you apply.
4. Highlight your educational qualification - This is one of the crucial things. State your educational qualification in fluent English and also emphasize on any other skills you possess that might be relevant to the job.
5. Work experience - Mention clearly your work experiences in chronological order. Use bulleting to do so.
6. Ensure that your resume is error free - Once you have finished writing your resume, check for grammar, spelling, punctuation and format. Any error of this kind might create a negative effect.
7. Be honest - Making false claims in your resume might land you in the interview room. But remember that the employers do background checks.
Before writing a resume contemplate on certain things. Put yourself in the employer's shoes and try to think from his perspective. Understand what he is looking for and why he should hire you for that specific task. Then try to market yourself. Remember the product that is best marketed is always in demand.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy