ALL >> Education >> View Article
7 Tips To Write A Great Resume
Total Articles: 40
A resume is the crucial tool in any job hunt. It is through the resume that you make your first impression on your prospective employer. The resume should be neat, attractive and above all should state the facts. It should not only be informative but also be interesting. It should give the employer a complete picture about you. The primary goal of a resume is that it should create an impact and let the employer know that you are the perfect candidate for that specific post. For this, your resume should exude confidence.
Writing a great resume is not a Herculean task, but there are certain guidelines that need to be followed, so that you create your best first impression. Some of the tips are discussed below.
1. Design your resume to grab attention - The first impression always counts. So ensure that your resume grabs the attention of the prospective employer at one glance.
2. Keep it short - Everyday employers receive lots of resumes. They won't have the time go through lengthy resumes that run into 3 to 4 pages. Hence it is necessary that you keep your resume short and simple. Whatever you want elaborate, you can do so in fluent English while appearing for an interview.
3. State your objective - Though not mandatory, it is advisable that you mention your objective of applying for a particular post in the company. You need not elaborate on it but mention it in a sentence or two. The objective conveys your intention to your prospective employer. You need to change your objective depending upon the post for which you apply.
4. Highlight your educational qualification - This is one of the crucial things. State your educational qualification in fluent English and also emphasize on any other skills you possess that might be relevant to the job.
5. Work experience - Mention clearly your work experiences in chronological order. Use bulleting to do so.
6. Ensure that your resume is error free - Once you have finished writing your resume, check for grammar, spelling, punctuation and format. Any error of this kind might create a negative effect.
7. Be honest - Making false claims in your resume might land you in the interview room. But remember that the employers do background checks.
Before writing a resume contemplate on certain things. Put yourself in the employer's shoes and try to think from his perspective. Understand what he is looking for and why he should hire you for that specific task. Then try to market yourself. Remember the product that is best marketed is always in demand.
Education Articles1. Oracle Dba Training In Hyderabad
2. How Can Play-therapy Help Autistic Children?
Author: The Lizard Centre
3. Software Testing- Static And Dynamic Analysis
Author: Siyaram Ray
4. Sap Assignment Help Offers Best Aid To Secure Higher Marks
5. What Fundamental Aspects Right Childcare Granville Follows
Author: Colleen Grenville
6. Exception Handling In Java
7. Best Ccnp & Ccie Certification And Training Course
Author: NetTech India
8. An Overview Of Scrum Master Training Along With Its Benefits
9. Choosing The Perfect College
10. What Jobs Are Available In Big Data Industry?
Author: Roopali Parandekar
11. 5 Reasons To Use An Effective Business Coach In Tauranga
Author: Roger Simi
12. Professional Bookkeeping Service Is Very Important In Today’s Complicated Ledger
Author: Austin Loader
13. Thesis Format
14. How Do Online Cpr Certification Course Work Better With Busy Schedule?
Author: Jennifer Lowrence
15. Pilot Training Eligibility–things You Must Know
Author: HM Aviation