ALL >> Others >> View Article
Positive Pressure Ventilators And Blowers
Total Articles: 31
Fans Mall Co. makes low Profile Positive Pressure Ventilators that have been designed to fit in tight compartments ans small spaces without scarificing performance or features. These compact ventilation blowers are available is both gasoline driven conviguration and with 115/230V single phase electric motor.
The Positive Pressure Blower is a high volume fan use to pressurize a burning structure, in case of fire, in order to force the smoke out. Positive Pressure Blowers are portable, gasoline powered fans, most of which utilize a 5.5 horsepower engine. The theory of positive pressure ventilation is based on the principal of even pressure distribution. Once a structure is pressurized, air and smoke can be forced out through any opening (similar to escaping from an inflated baloon).
Electric smoke ejectors (negative pressure ventilation) can be used for smoke removal but this has proven to be inferior to positive pressure ventilation.
What makes Positive Pressure Ventilation superior to negative pressure ?
* The risk of injury from the engaged structure is reduced while placing the fan in operation.
* Positive pressure ventilation is faster to set up and requires fewer personnel.
* The Positive Pressure Blower has a self contained power source, while electric fans require cords and adaptors.
* Smoke and heat is removed from all levels of the structure unlike negative pressure which can result in localized extraction.
* Quicker results. After initial knockdown, positive pressure ventilation can be initiated and will show immediate improvements in the interior conditions.
* It allows replacement of contaminants with vital cooler, cleaner air - especially in sealed or windowless buildings. It's also very effective in large and compartmentalized buildings, warehouses, schools, etc.
* Quick results allow firefighters faster entry due to lower heat levels and improved visibility.
The following criteria should be considered for effective use of Positive Ventilation:
- The cone of air must cover the intake opening. The fan must be placed the correct distance from the structure such as that the cone of air forms a seal around the opening.
- The size and location of the discharge is important. The discharge, if at all possible should be as high and far away from the intake as is practical. The discharge size should be between 3/4 to 1/2 times the intake. This may not always be possible as the fire may have already dictated discharge locations and sizes; but whenever there is a choice, the above criteria should be used.
- It is important to control the ait flow between the intake and discharge. Positive pressure ventilation can move air long distances if proper control is maintained by opening and closing doors, windows, etc. It is important that firefighters understand not to open the structure too much: ie breaking windows, etc.
The standard features of Fans Mall Co. Positive Pressure Ventilators include: fold down "T" handle; 8" pneumatic tires with full width axle; a "tilt and lock" device that allows the unit to be angled 20 degrees up or down with infinite positions in between; sturdy and light 1 inch wrap around frame. Explosion proof electric motors are available as drivers too.
The optimum ventilator placement distance on most 6'6" doors is about five to six feet away. If placement is too close, the seal won't be achieved. If placement is too far away, the cone of air will be hitting well outside the opening.
Additional information can be found at the Fans Mall Company web site http://www.barryfan.net
Industrial Equipment Engineer
Fans Mall Co.
Others Articles1. Benefits Of Using Tools For Result-driven Data Extraction Services
Author: Devendra Baghel
2. Sms Gateway India – Emerging Trend Of Communication
Author: Ranvijay Singh
3. Some Basic Information About Cremation
Author: Randall Kawasaki
4. Upcoming Yarn & Fabric Trade Show And Exhibition In India 2017
Author: Ankur Goyal
5. What You Need To Know About Black German Shepherds
Author: Cyle Larin is the author of this article
6. Pet Care In Webster And Neighboring Regions: Finding Top Providers For Pet Care In Clear Lake
Author: Mike Jenkins is the author of this article
7. Good Pet Hospitals
Author: Adam Smith is the author of this article
8. Free Classifieds Uae
Author: Free Classifieds UAE
9. Snapchat Hack
10. Concept Of Hospitality In Hospitals
11. How To Rename Your Existing Email Address In Outlook ???
Author: rahul singh
12. Finding Healthy, Happy Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Florida
Author: owen thomson
13. Know How To Hire An Exotic Call Girl & How To Behave With Them
Author: Anmalika Roy
14. Why A Man Needs To Hire The Services Of A Call Girl
Author: Anmalika Roy
15. Lo Que Debes De Saber Del Financiamiento Para Emprendedores