ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Transformation From Edison’s Bulbs To Halogen Car Headlight Bulbs
Total Articles: 38
When the Edison had discovered the tungsten bulbs, he won’t have considered applying his bulbs in the automobile industries. If he may have alive today perhaps he would have amazed to see the modern man has changed the application of its bulbs. Today, the automobile industry is spending thousands of dollars to reshape and invent distinct types of the headlight bulbs. These light bulbs have become the icon of fashion accessories of cars. If the Edison could have notice these intense bulbs he would might have wondered, how these bulbs functions and what are the principles behind their technology. Halogen bulbs works very close to basic principle of Edison bulbs. Let’s understand it principle in details in following text:
Principle of halogen tungsten bulbs: Since the Edison has discovered the tungsten that the ideal metal for the light bulb. It is as a result, the tungsten has high melting point and resistance power. When the electric current pass through the tungsten filament, due to its high resistance it get heated and emit light beams. Nevertheless, it has drawback, after prolong use it gets evaporate and died. Moreover, light emitted by these basic bulbs are not bright enough to show the driver way except for a few meters. As a result, it desired some modification to use in the car’s headlight for the brighter light. Series of experiments happened over time and scientist developed the methods of using halogen gas in the car headlights bulbs. Mostly Iodine and bromide are being used in the bulbs carry out two functions. One is to amplify the intensity of light and other is to increase the durability of the filament. The halogen gases react with the evaporated tungsten atoms and redeposit them on the filament. The collision between halogen gases and the dull beams of tungsten filaments amplify the light waves. One more integral component of the headlight plays a role in the intensification and alignment of the aimless light beams is the reflectors. It conjointly plays an essential role to intensify the disoriented light beam of the halogen head lamps. Light reflectors work on the optical phenomenon, these are smartly arranged mirrors and their role is to align confused light beams into a single path. These united beams traveled in a single path and amplify the light affects on the road. Thus, each and every part of the Headlights has responsibilities to show driver to point out the way for him in the night.
The evolution doesn’t stop here, there is a new avatar of halogen tungsten lamp has arrived into the market is known as ‘halogen projector headlight’. An additional lens is attached to the surface of the halogen bulb to throw more concentrated lights on the road for the better and brighter view. The evolution never stops and who knows what is coming next?
However, the halogen is considered as the simplest form of the headlights use in the cars, yet it works on certain sophisticated optical, chemical and physical phenomenon. If Thomas Edison could have alive he would have proud on that what we have done to its discovery.
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson