ALL >> Family >> View Article
Why Create Your Legacy Online
Total Articles: 1211
The introduction of the internet has transformed our lives. We shop, communicate, bank and research everything online. Very little is private in a digital world. When you buy a house, get married, divorced or do most anything online it becomes part of your online footprint (good or bad). If someone wants to know about you, they can quickly do a background check and learn intimate details about your life. Instead of letting meaningless or unapproved facts tell your legacy, use the internet to positively preserve & share your legacy.
We live in a digital world and whether you like it or not, a portion of your identity is online. Snapshots of your identity are available to nearly anyone and something’s we wish were private remain public. Your story fills in the blanks shallow facts cannot because what the online world cannot convey is the true picture of who you are and what matters most to you. If you don’t create your legacy, the only information people will have to paint their picture of you are these facts and comments made by other people.
For example, say you lost everything in bankruptcy and this becomes part of your public profile. When you share your legacy, you might share the story of how it happened and conclude with how that experience made you a better person and taught you the value of saving, hard work and family. If you don’t take the time to document your legacy, people can make wrong assumptions about who you are based on online facts.
The internet offers a variety of methods for you to share your memories, wisdom and life experiences. You can quickly & easily post pictures, share journals, create videos and share them. By doing so, you are taking control of your online identity. You get to tell people who you are and why your life matters.
Your legacy and the stories of growing up, going to school, family, friends and falling in love with your spouse are invaluable to your family and friends. Your children & grandchild want to know your history, memories and lessons learned. Your way of life will be radically different than what future generations will experience. They won’t know what it was like to watch a black and white TV, dial a rotary phone or pay .69 cents for a gallon of gas. These days are long gone but at the time they were a bid deal. Taking the time to share your experience and what you learned was most important to you will help them connect with their past.
Leaving something for future generations is something that needs to be done right. Even though you do not have too much free time, using the internet is something that you can do whenever you want. So, Create Legacy and make Your Legacy count!
Family Articles1. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
2. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
3. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
4. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
5. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
6. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias
7. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Look After Your Elders At Home
8. Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Author: Sudhir Singh
9. Building A Circle Of Friends In Your Senior Years
Author: Sudhir Singh
10. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Is The Best Option For Elderly Care At Home
11. Full Time Employee, Entrepreneurand Father – The Highs And Lows
12. Know The Importance Of Maternity And Newborn Baby Photography
Author: Jennifer Gordon
13. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders At Home
14. How To Make The Most Of Your Used Car & Why Should You Upsell?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
15. Tips To Select The Best Car Seat For Infants And Newborns