ALL >> Business >> View Article
Services Offered By Steel Fabricators
Total Articles: 4
Steel is formed mainly by combining iron and carbon. Plate steel is used for a variety of purposes owing to its strength. For getting customized steel plates one need to usually co-ordinate with steel fabricators and suppliers. This sometimes leads to unnecessary delays. It is better to source one’s requirement from plate fabricators which has its own production as well as plate fabrication unit. This helps in getting delivery with out delays.
The various services on offer from plate fabricators are:
Computerized flame cutting: In this process a CNC controlled flame cutting machine is programmed to cut specific shapes. This helps in high precision and customized plate fabrication.
Saw cutting: In this method heavy duty saws are used for plate fabrication. These saws are driven by strong motors and guided by hydraulics for a smoother operation.
Shearing: Plate fabricators also call this process as die cutting. The concept behind die cutting is that the shear stress applied should be much more than the shear strength of the material. The plate is placed between the punch and the die. Thereafter hydraulic mechanism pushes the punch into the plate for fabrication. Plate fabricators usually have more than one type of shearing machines for plate fabrication of lighter and heavier plates.
Punching: This method is useful when holes are required in steel plates. Punching also works on the principle of shearing. In this method a punch drives through the plate into a work piece creating a hole in the process. It is the most cost effective way to get holes in steel plates.
Welding: Welding involves joining two steel plates. The principle behind welding is melting the work pieces and providing a filler material between the two surfaces to create a mass of molten material. This molten material when cools down create a solid joint and the material from both the pieces as well as the filler coalesce as one. This method of plate fabrication is used to create assemblies from various components.
Bending and forming: Sometimes plate fabricators are required to make non-standard plates. This is called plate forming.
Plasma cutting: CAD controlled plasma cutting machines for plate fabrication requiring high level of precision. In this process an inert gas is blown at very high speed at the steel plate and an electric arc is created. This arc is hot enough to melt and cut through the metal sheet giving very precise cuts.
For more information visit our website:
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better