ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Yellowstone Snowmobile Tours Allow Winter Visitors To Appreciate The Region
Total Articles: 323
Yellowstone snowmobile tours help visitors enjoy winter recreation and wildlife. A snowmobiling tour of Yellowstone can be a great way to see the park's vast herds of native wildlife. Snowmobile tours can help people enjoy winter recreation and experience "America's Serengetti". Elk, bison and other large mammals make snowmobiling here a real treat.
Snowmobile tours can be arranged from various locations. The most popular include West Yellowstone and Cooke City. West Yellowstone allows access to the Old Faithful area. Cooke City is closer to the Lamar Valley, although the road into the Lamar Valley area is open for cars, so snowmobiling around Cooke City is usually in the forest land adjacent to Yellowstone Park.
Cooke City also allows easy car access to the Lamar Valley. This is the prime destination in the park during the winter months for wildlife watching. Gray wolves, which were reintroduced to Yellowstone Park about twenty years ago, are often viewed here. In addition, wildlife watchers can see herds of elk, bison and pronghorn antelope. The rivers are a good place to look for river otters and bald eagles.
Snow cover can be thick even into May, so conditions are ideal for several months each year. Visitors should prepare for rapidly changing an unpredictable weather however. Even in the spring, nice weather can yield to blizzard conditions rather quickly and often with little warning. Spring is often the best time to enjoy nice weather and good snow conditions, but the weather can still be very winter like even into May.
This region is used to plenty of snow. The Beartooth Highway that runs to the Northeast entrance of the park from Red Lodge, Montana rises to an elevation over 10,000 feet and the highway does not open in the spring until Memorial Day because of deep snow. However, the Northeast entrance can be reached via Gardiner and Mammoth to the west.
In mid-winter temperatures can get bitterly cold. Below zero weather is common in the months of December, January and February. Visitors are advised to dress warm and to be prepared for many different weather conditions, including dangerous wind chill factors and low visibility from blowing snow. For this reason it is good to dress warm and travel with a group of people so that should you require medical attention somebody is around to assist you.
Many companies provide guided tours for snowmobiling. Some may even offer snowmobile rentals. If you do travel into the park on a snowmobile, be sure to stay of designated routes and always yield for wildlife. Approaching and harassing wildlife is illegal and can stress out the animals needlessly. It is also unlawful to snowmobile off of established roads and trails in the national park.
Yellowstone snowmobile tours are a wonderful way to enjoy America's oldest national park. The winter crowds are a fraction of the summer crowd, so you may have much of the area to your self. The winter scenery is considered by many to be even more spectacular than the summer views, because the snow accents the mountain peaks and highlights the region's wildlife.
If you are looking for dependable Yellowstone snowmobile packages, go to the web pages here. More information about models and routes can by found by clicking on the links at http://www.yellowstonefun.com now.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco