ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Equity Research Firm The Woo Group Explores New Asian Smart Phone Producers
Total Articles: 24
Jul. 11, 2013 - HONG KONG -- Dr. Lian Cheung, Head of Investment Analysis, at Equity researcher The Woo Group has located what he believes to be a huge gap in the smart phone market. At a recent press conference he said,
"While the high end of the smart phone market has been dominated by the likes of Apple and Samsung over the past few years, we believe that no one is producing a mass selling handset for the low end of the market.
There are many consumers in emerging markets, who simply can´t afford to spend $500 on a phone." Dr. Cheung has sent delegates to visit the factories of several low-cost electronic manufactures across China, Thailand, and Taiwan. He believes that a modest handset could be produced for a retail value of $150 off contract which is much less than the current generation of smart phones that retail for upwards of $600. Dr. Cheung is quoted as saying that at their current price point, the phone would be a huge success in enormous markets such as India and China.
Critics of the venture say that their price point is too low, but Mr. Cheung believes that by not using the latest technology, their goal can be reached. He said, "If a dual core CPU is used as opposed to a quad-core CPU our target price should be easily obtainable.
The Woo Group believes that at least one handset targeting the lower end of the market will be in production for the end of the fiscal year and that the handset hits the market for the second quarter of 2014.
C.E.O Mr. Jason Woo said “the smartphone market has seen great momentum in recent years, but still there is much room for growth and investor speculation”.
About The Company
The Woo Group is privately owned and funded by the Woo family here in Hong Kong, we have no shareholders or investors.
The Woo Group was established in 2002 by the founding fathers Jon and Jason Woo, of the Hong Kong Woo family, whose enormous wealth and expertise in the financial industry ensured immediate success, which The Woo Group continues to enjoy today.
In its infancy The Woo Group employed only 15 members of staff, a number that has now grown to over 800 making The Woo Group the largest, not to mention most prestigious equity research house in Hong Kong.
Investing / Finance Articles1. No Credit Check Faxless Payday Loans
2. Understanding Corporate Debt Restructuring In India
Author: Aniket Vichare
3. Tips To Know Before Applying For A Personal Loan By Srg
Author: srg housing
4. The Ultimate Guide To Cryptocurrency Wallet
5. Buy And Sell Mutual Fund Online | Moneytreesolution
6. Can I Get A Loan Despite Bad Credit Unemployment?
7. Advantages Of Binance Crypto Exchange
8. Payday Loans For People On Benefits Direct Lenders - 100% Online Decision
Author: Hamish Rutherford
9. Best Mcx Commodity Tips Provider In India
10. Why Open An Nri Account?
Author: Samantha Kennedy
11. Commercial Mortgage Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
12. Why Perform A Fundamental Analysis Of A Company?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Open Online Trading Account With The Lowest Brokerage Charges
Author: Krutika Sharma
14. Avail Reliable Tax Return Online Australia Services To Get The Job Done Like Never Before
15. Get Yourself Best Sip Plans For Long Term
Author: Jignesh Shah