ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Equity Research Firm The Woo Group Explores New Asian Smart Phone Producers
Total Articles: 24
Jul. 11, 2013 - HONG KONG -- Dr. Lian Cheung, Head of Investment Analysis, at Equity researcher The Woo Group has located what he believes to be a huge gap in the smart phone market. At a recent press conference he said,
"While the high end of the smart phone market has been dominated by the likes of Apple and Samsung over the past few years, we believe that no one is producing a mass selling handset for the low end of the market.
There are many consumers in emerging markets, who simply can´t afford to spend $500 on a phone." Dr. Cheung has sent delegates to visit the factories of several low-cost electronic manufactures across China, Thailand, and Taiwan. He believes that a modest handset could be produced for a retail value of $150 off contract which is much less than the current generation of smart phones that retail for upwards of $600. Dr. Cheung is quoted as saying that at their current price point, the phone would be a huge success in enormous markets such as India and China.
Critics of the venture say that their price point is too low, but Mr. Cheung believes that by not using the latest technology, their goal can be reached. He said, "If a dual core CPU is used as opposed to a quad-core CPU our target price should be easily obtainable.
The Woo Group believes that at least one handset targeting the lower end of the market will be in production for the end of the fiscal year and that the handset hits the market for the second quarter of 2014.
C.E.O Mr. Jason Woo said “the smartphone market has seen great momentum in recent years, but still there is much room for growth and investor speculation”.
About The Company
The Woo Group is privately owned and funded by the Woo family here in Hong Kong, we have no shareholders or investors.
The Woo Group was established in 2002 by the founding fathers Jon and Jason Woo, of the Hong Kong Woo family, whose enormous wealth and expertise in the financial industry ensured immediate success, which The Woo Group continues to enjoy today.
In its infancy The Woo Group employed only 15 members of staff, a number that has now grown to over 800 making The Woo Group the largest, not to mention most prestigious equity research house in Hong Kong.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Bad Credit Loans Work For Better Financial Solutions In The Uk?
Author: Sara James
2. The Free Forex Robot Minimize Risk And Maximize Profits In The Forex Market
3. How The Internet Has Made Money Transfer To India Simple?
4. What Are The Major Advantages Of Bill Discounting India?
5. Best Home Loan Scheme 04433044488 Documents Required For Home Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
6. Algotrade Can Help You Gain Consistent Returns On Forex Trading
7. Did You File Itr For Financial Year 2016-17?
Author: Did You File ITR For Financial Year 2016-17? India
8. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Life Insurance
Author: Sushant ingh
9. Important Aspects Of Banking
Author: Sushant Singh
10. Are You In Need Of Monetary Help For Business Establishment?
Author: John Bairstow
11. Borrowing Commercial Loan Is A Secure Way For Business Owners
Author: John Bairstow
12. The Race To Transform Yourself Into A Profitable Forex Trader
Author: John Arnold
13. House Construction Loan For Bkhata Property Apply 9964563600
Author: House Construction Loan for Bkhata
14. Gst Impact On Mutual Fund Market
15. Klse Market Understanding Before Investing
Author: Multi management and future solutions