ALL >> Business >> View Article
Logo Registration India To Favor Your Business
Total Articles: 15
Whether you are running a business or planning to launch a start up, you should consider getting a logo for your business as a logo distinguishes your business from the rest and enhances its brand value. However after you have got your logo, it is important to register it so that other parties can’t use your logo illegally. If you are an Indian resident, logo registration process should be simple enough for you. The exact procedures for registering a logo are described below.
In India logo registration comes under the trademark registry. You can file an application for registering your logo in the Office of the Trademark registry located in Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai and Ahmadabad through the prescribed TM-1 form. The application should be in writing and must be addressed to the Registrar of Trademarks. Application can also be made through a trademark agent or trademark attorney. But it is important to make sure that the agent in question is registered under the Trademark Registry Act, 1999. However, prior to applying it is wise to conduct a trademark search in the official website of trademark office to make sure that the logo you are planning to use is unique and not already registered. The documents that you need to submit along with the TM-1 form are mentioned below –
1) The image of the logo in electronic form (i.e. in JPEG format).
2) TM-48 form of authorization.
3) Name, address and contact details of the business owner who wishes to be the proprietor of the logo.
4) Valid proof of identity and address such as passport, Photo voter ID card, PAN card etc.
Along with this afore mentioned documents ,a fee of Rs. 2500 has to be paid .After this process , the Trademark registry office will hand over a TM number and an official receipt. The office of the Trademark registry will then check the logo for authenticity. An examination report will then be filed within three months. If there are no conflicting issues in the report, you will be notified that your trademark has been registered through an affidavit or an interview.
Alternatively, logo registration can also be done through the internet by visiting the official website of trademark registry office. You have to fill an online application form, submit your logo and all the relevant documents mentioned above. The fees can be paid either through net banking or by credit/debit card. Immediately a TM number will be sent along with the fee acknowledgement receipt. Your logo will then be checked for authenticity and documents verification will take place in the next few days. As soon as your logo is accepted, you will be notified through email .This e-filing process is very fast and takes only a few days to get the logo registered. People who want to do logo registration in Delhi should visit the registry office located in Sector 14, Dwarka, and NewDelhi-110075.
Follow the above mentioned procedures to have a hassle free experience of Logo Registration in India.
Business Articles1. How Ultratax In Cloud Offers Smart Taxation Solutions To Businesses?
Author: John Cox
2. Importance Of Electrical Surge Protection
3. Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Part - Iii
Author: Unknown Member
4. Texas Property Tax Deadline Changes In 2018
Author: O'Connor & Associates
5. Take Your Business To New Heights
6. Physiotherapy Services In Mississauga
7. Bariatric Coordinator
Author: Gastric bypass California
8. Get The Best Digital Marketing Solutions
Author: makemy website
9. 4 Of The Most Familiar Roofing Services In Nyc You May Need From Time To Time
Author: Gabriel M
10. Avail Reliable Customs Broker Us Border To Ensure Smooth And Efficient Transit Of Import Goods
11. The Indian Wedding – A Day Of Joy And Celebration Like No Other
Author: Shabu Miah
12. Business Card Design Services In Hyderabad – Saga Bizsolutions
13. Online Course In E-commerce And Selling Online
Author: nicole ve
14. Financial Strategies In Restaurant Business Plan
15. Branded Watches For Men