ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Prepare Camping First Aid Kit
Total Articles: 57
Camping trips and hiking are fun! With the arrival of spring, many people start backpacking for camping to experience the incredible fun. It is the most inexpensive way to celebrate vacations with family and friends. A small camp near a beautiful corner of the world feels so relaxing, where you can feel the nature and enjoy living the simple life.
You have plenty of play time to enjoy and strengthen your family bonds. When you plan camping or any outdoor activity, it is very important to carry a camping first aid kit. It provides you basic first aid or medical supplies in any emergency case. It can be easily prepared at home, but one should know which items should be carried. The first aid kit checklist will help you to include all the essential items.
1. The insect bites, blisters, wounds, bug bites, scratches, scrapes and allergic reactions are most common problems while camping. The kit should have all basic aids to deal with these issues.
2. Alcohol based hand antiseptic or sanitizing gel is more effective at killing infection causing microorganisms.
3. The pairs of non-latex sterile gloves as some people are allergic to latex. The bleeding wounds are more prone to infection due to presence of pathogens therefore the wound should be handled with sterile hands for safety of both the accident victim and your own.
4. In order to prevent infection, it is important to stop bleeding and cover the wound with sterile gauze pads. Add two or four sterile gauze pads to your camping kit.
5. The alcohol swabs are used to clean and sanitize the wounds so add them in your camping or hiking first aid kit.
6. A small tube of antibiotic ointment is a must. Neosporin is most commonly used antibiotic ointment, which is available in small tube form and convenient spray bottle. It easily fits into the camping survival kit.
7. A packet of adhesive bandages can be bagged in a Ziploc bag. The small size bandages are more convenient to place on small wounds, so as for large wounds. Therefore add different size of bandages.
8. In an emergency case, a small roll of adhesive tape and tongue depressors are used to make makeshift splint. You can add a metal or form made finger splint as well. Adhesive tape is used to apply more pressure with the gauze pads on wounds as sometime we are unable to use adhesive bandages.
9. Safety scissors are most useful equipment of a first aid kit that uses to cut away the clothing or extra adhesive tape interfering with wound treatment or entangled on the victim in anyway.
10. You can add tweezers in your camping survival kit, which are used to remove ticks and splinters.
11. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency breathing procedure, which is performed manually to preserve intact brain function. If you love hiking or camping and often plan, then it is best idea to take basic classes of CPR. This will prepare you to face such emergencies.
12. The swelling insect or bug bites or a sprain can be reduced by ice treatment. Add a small ice pack having a popped inner seal to your first aid kit.
13. A small Ace bandage is a significant tool of a first aid kit that can support or stabilize the broken limbs or wrap sprains.
Some other medical aids may include Ibuprofen (for swelling or fever), Tylenol (two packs for headaches), Insect repellent with N, N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide - DEET (like fleas, mosquitoes, ticks etc.) and a small package of antacid. "Precautions are better than cures", therefore safety should the foremost consideration while camping or hiking. Unfortunately, if you meet an accident or emergency a small camping survival kit comes very handy and gets you great relief.
General Articles1. Sending Your Electronics To A Toronto Electronics Recycling Center
Author: Mohan Rawat
2. Scott Foil: Knowing Your Need For Owning The Best
Author: parveen kumar
3. What Can You Do To Balance An Industrial Oven?
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
4. The Perfect Destination For A Memorable Holiday In Bhimtal
Author: Amit Upretti
5. Top Reasons To Use A Pan Mixer At A Construction Site
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
6. Magnesium Oxide Is An Important Role
Author: hu Allen
7. Oh My Baby, I Rest You Daily With These Crazy Cool Furniture
Author: James Williams
8. All You Want To Learn About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Sheffield – Lenovo Repairer
10. Exploring Varying Methods Of Chemical Separation
11. Find Private Investigator For Office
Author: kiven Sea
12. Godrej Washing Machine Service Center In Hyderabad
Author: Godrej Washing Machine
13. Hamilton Automatic Khaki X-wind Chronograph H77616533 Mens Watch| Hardy And Fashionable
Author: Jasson C
14. How To Hire The Right Basement Contractor In Toronto
Author: Noah Dube
15. Splendid Things To Do In Cusco Peru Tours
Author: Ricardo Davis