ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Build An Emergency Survival Kit
Total Articles: 56
Emergency survival kit is a collection of basic tools and items of household that can be used in an event of emergency. The kit items are assembled in-advanced for survival purpose. Usually, the spacecrafts, lifeboats and military aircrafts are always prepared with survival kits. In emergency situation, you may have to evacuate immediately with some essentials. Probably, you won't have time to search or shop things.
This means, you should have personal food, water, bedding, shelter and other basic things in a sufficient amount to survive for at least 3 days without any external help or aid. Relief workers, volunteers and local officials will be on site after the emergency or disaster, but it won't be possible for them to reach everyone at once. It may take few hours or some days. Some people don't care about disaster and don't know how to prepare an emergency kit. Here is the list of emergency survival kit items:
1. Food: Ready to eat or instant food can be stored in kit. The processed meal, canned food and special emergency survival rations can also be added. Make sure that the food items have long shelf life.
2. Water: Drinking water can be stored in standard water bottles, 1.5 liters per person. Or you can carry long life emergency water rations.
3. Water Purification: You make reduce the amount of stored water by carrying collapsible water container or a roll-up. This makes water portable.
4. Cooking: The portable cooking equipments like camping cookers, soiled fuel HEXI stoves, multi fuel Ghillie kettle or gas cookers can be added to survival kit. These can be used to basic boiling and cooking purouses.
5. Food Preparation: However, the food preparation is not an essential for emergency survival. You can add few basic things like matchsticks, lighters, mess tins, light weight crockery or disposables, camping kettles etc.
6. Self-Heating Meals: The portable cooking is one of the best options that will allow you to prepare hot drinks like tea, coffee etc. Though, you can also carry pre-cooked self heating meals.
7. Area Lighting: The wind-up or battery powered lanterns can be used for area lighting. If situation favor you, you use portable gas lanterns or long-life candles. Safety light sticks are one more ultraportable lighting source.
8. Torch: You can carry a torch having LEDs, which are relatively brighter than the bulb. The head torch is the best for personal lighting that enable you to perform other task all along. Remember to carry the batteries.
9. Radio: There could electricity cut off, so carry a self powered or battery radio that can catch both the national stations and local stations for news and emergency broadcasts.
10. Communication: Generally, in sever emergency situations the telephone land lines connections get damage. So, you can carry a mobile phone with a charged battery or airtime. You can get a licensed free two way walkie-talkies.
11. Clothes: Carry clothes or dresses for extreme weather situations. The foil survival jackets are the best emergency shelter alternative, which is quiet light weight and compact.
12. Bedding: Light weight, compact and portable sleeping bags or bedding are perfect emergency solutions. You can carry roll mats for some extra insulation.
13. Shelter: The shelter may include a tent, emergency bivi bags, bothy bag shelter, all weather space blankets, waterproof tarpaulin, and foil blankets.
14. Tools: The multipurpose hand tool can be added to emergency preparedness kit that can open cans, open doors and windows or cut through rope.
15. Universal First Aid and Hygiene
16. Waterproof Bag Packs
17. Miscellaneous personal supplies like personal protection equipment, light beacon for attracting rescue workers or a signal mirror, battery operated phone chargers etc.
General Articles1. For The First Time To Buy High-end Business Watches We Should Pay Attention To What@thereal.su
2. 5 Best Tarot Cards For Beginners In Intriguing World Of New Age
3. Tiffin Services In Bangoluru –simply Home Food
Author: Simply Home Food
4. Anti-ageing Supplements An Overview
5. An Effective Remedy For Serious Hairloss – A New Concept Read More: An Effective Remedy For Serious
Author: Sithara Mithiran
6. Low Price Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata With Maximum Effort
Author: Kanchan Das
7. How To Solve Quicken Error Cc-501
8. How To Fix Aol Instant Messenger (aim) Errors?
Author: Bradon Wilson
9. How To Fix Brother Printer Error Ts-02
Author: Bradon Wilson
10. 70% Of The Auction Beyond The High Valuation Of Auction@thereal.su
11. What Is Considered A Luxury It? It Must Have Several Characteristics@thereal.su
12. Fire Safety Manager
13. Benefit From Credit Union Auto Buying Service Winston Salem Nc
Author: alma miller
14. Are You Facing The Issue With Your Hp Printer? Call Hp Printer Support Number +1-855-746-8414
Author: Sara Abo
15. Best Baby Food Online In India