ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Build An Emergency Survival Kit
Total Articles: 56
Emergency survival kit is a collection of basic tools and items of household that can be used in an event of emergency. The kit items are assembled in-advanced for survival purpose. Usually, the spacecrafts, lifeboats and military aircrafts are always prepared with survival kits. In emergency situation, you may have to evacuate immediately with some essentials. Probably, you won't have time to search or shop things.
This means, you should have personal food, water, bedding, shelter and other basic things in a sufficient amount to survive for at least 3 days without any external help or aid. Relief workers, volunteers and local officials will be on site after the emergency or disaster, but it won't be possible for them to reach everyone at once. It may take few hours or some days. Some people don't care about disaster and don't know how to prepare an emergency kit. Here is the list of emergency survival kit items:
1. Food: Ready to eat or instant food can be stored in kit. The processed meal, canned food and special emergency survival rations can also be added. Make sure that the food items have long shelf life.
2. Water: Drinking water can be stored in standard water bottles, 1.5 liters per person. Or you can carry long life emergency water rations.
3. Water Purification: You make reduce the amount of stored water by carrying collapsible water container or a roll-up. This makes water portable.
4. Cooking: The portable cooking equipments like camping cookers, soiled fuel HEXI stoves, multi fuel Ghillie kettle or gas cookers can be added to survival kit. These can be used to basic boiling and cooking purouses.
5. Food Preparation: However, the food preparation is not an essential for emergency survival. You can add few basic things like matchsticks, lighters, mess tins, light weight crockery or disposables, camping kettles etc.
6. Self-Heating Meals: The portable cooking is one of the best options that will allow you to prepare hot drinks like tea, coffee etc. Though, you can also carry pre-cooked self heating meals.
7. Area Lighting: The wind-up or battery powered lanterns can be used for area lighting. If situation favor you, you use portable gas lanterns or long-life candles. Safety light sticks are one more ultraportable lighting source.
8. Torch: You can carry a torch having LEDs, which are relatively brighter than the bulb. The head torch is the best for personal lighting that enable you to perform other task all along. Remember to carry the batteries.
9. Radio: There could electricity cut off, so carry a self powered or battery radio that can catch both the national stations and local stations for news and emergency broadcasts.
10. Communication: Generally, in sever emergency situations the telephone land lines connections get damage. So, you can carry a mobile phone with a charged battery or airtime. You can get a licensed free two way walkie-talkies.
11. Clothes: Carry clothes or dresses for extreme weather situations. The foil survival jackets are the best emergency shelter alternative, which is quiet light weight and compact.
12. Bedding: Light weight, compact and portable sleeping bags or bedding are perfect emergency solutions. You can carry roll mats for some extra insulation.
13. Shelter: The shelter may include a tent, emergency bivi bags, bothy bag shelter, all weather space blankets, waterproof tarpaulin, and foil blankets.
14. Tools: The multipurpose hand tool can be added to emergency preparedness kit that can open cans, open doors and windows or cut through rope.
15. Universal First Aid and Hygiene
16. Waterproof Bag Packs
17. Miscellaneous personal supplies like personal protection equipment, light beacon for attracting rescue workers or a signal mirror, battery operated phone chargers etc.
General Articles1. Best Live Sap Ui5 Training Institution In Bangalore With 100% Placements
2. Things To Remember Before Gifting Silver Jewelries To Your Beloved One
Author: Bryan Gentles
3. My Qualification
Author: By me
4. Signs That Indicate Your Electrical Panel Is Not Working Properly
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh
5. The Most Important Components Of B2b Web Design
Author: Joseph Symons
6. StАУІng On TОР Of ThЕ GАmЕ: Enjoy RЕСurrІng MОnthlУ InСОmЕ
Author: Rohit Seth is a passionate businessmen.
7. How To Find The Best Movers Jonesboro Ar?
Author: Nathan White
8. Buying Cool Socks For Men – Quality Is The Most Important Factor
Author: Jason Simmons
9. Stop Wasting Time On Selecting A Proper Usb Webcam For Desktop Or Laptop In Windows 7/8/10/vista
10. 6 Undeniable Benefits Of Online Project Management Software
Author: Lincol Jalek
11. Piling - What Exactly Is Piling
Author: threeway steel
12. Surgeries Making It Possible
Author: Ahmed Shaikh
13. 4 Quick Tips To Prepare Seo-friendly Blog Posts
Author: Eliza Molly
14. Hair Transplantation In Hyderabad
15. Laser Wire Stripping
Author: Solder Training