ALL >> Business >> View Article
Three Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Embarking On A Long Distance Relationship
Total Articles: 4
There are some three questions that you need to ask yourself before embarking on a long distance relationship. The answers you get to these questions should subsequently inform your decision on whether or not to actually embark on the long distance relationship. That is, of course, against a background where many relationships in which the partners are separated by distance tend to end up falling apart, sooner than later. That is what creates the need to conduct due diligence before embarking on such a relationship. And the way to conduct the due diligence in this case, before getting into a long distance relationship, is by asking the pertinent questions, which include the question as to:
1. Whether you will be able to resist the temptations: the truth of the matter is that there are lots of temptations that come with long distance relationships. The basis for such temptations should be obvious. For so long as you are a reasonably attractive person, you are bound to find others interested in you wherever you good. And things get trickier when the ‘others’ in question turn out to be more attractive than the long term partner with whom you are separated by distance. The whole thing can lead into major confusion, as you try to make the choice between your long term partner, with whom you are separated by distance and the highly interesting people (who happen to be fancying you) in your immediate environment. In the final analysis, if the nature of your long term relationship is such that you can’t leave it, you should, at the very least, steady yourself to deal with these temptations, which are bound to come up.
2. Whether you will be able to maintain good communication: in most of the cases where long distance relationships fail, the main cause of failure tends to be something to do with lack of proper communication. Maintaining good communication in a long distance relationship is hard. Indeed, even maintaining good communication in an ordinary relationship (where there are no distance complications to think about) tends to be quite hard, by itself. In a long distance relationship, the challenge is tenfold. Ultimately, you have to figure out whether you have the commitment and the patience necessary to maintain good communication, before making a decision on whether or not to get into a long distance relationship.
3. Whether you will be able to maintain emotional intimacy: the way we operate, as human beings, is such that we need a certain degree of physical closeness, if we are to connect at the emotional level. At work there are things like the so-called subconscious mind, pheromones, body language nuances and so on. Simply put, it can be hard to maintain emotional intimacy in a long distance relationship. Yet the main reason as to why people get into these relationships is in search of such emotional connection. In the final analysis then, unless you can figure out a way of maintaining emotional intimacy (for instance, through regular face to face interactions), you are bound to have problems.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla