ALL >> Health >> View Article
Best Way To Quit Smoking
Total Articles: 137
The most appropriate way to quit smoking depends on every individual. However, it is more likely that you will get a method that is more beneficial to you as far as your health is concerned. For some users, the urge to smoke can be more powerful than others. Every time you resist a tobacco craving, you go one step closer towards quitting the nicotine habit.
Best ways to quit smoking
• Delay: when you feel the need to smoke, try to restrain yourself for a little longer and then do something that will distract you from thinking about the urge to smoke. This trick may just be enough to derail you from the path of tobacco cravings. However, you have to repeat as often as possible.
• Do not have ‘just one’: often are the times whereby just one cigarette leads to another and another. You should not fool yourself into believing that you can stop. You may end up using tobacco again.
• Avoid triggers: tobacco urges are likely to be strongest during situations where you smoked or chewed most often such as bars and parties. You should avoid going to these area as they will remind you of how you used to smoke thereby triggering the urge to smoke again. Therefore, you need to identify your triggers and avoid them.
• Get physical: physical activities are a good way of distracting you from the tobacco cravings. Physical activities also help to reduce the intensity of the cravings. Doing some form of exercises when you feel the urge to smoke can go a great mile in helping you to overcome these cravings. If you cannot exercises, you can also do chores such as paper work filling or even vacuuming.
• Practice relaxation techniques: in most cases, smoking was a way of dealing with stress. Therefore, resisting a tobacco craving can be very stressful. You can try practicing some relaxation techniques such as yoga, massage, hypnosis, muscle relaxation and deep breathing exercises.
• Call reinforcements: call upon your friends and family for moral support. You can also join a support group. This will give you the support you need because it makes you feel like you’re not in this alone and therefore you feel more encouraged to quit smoking. You can chat or just take a walk together or share a few laughs.
• Remember the benefits of quitting: keep on repeating the benefits that you will experience after quitting tobacco. This may help in motivating you to quit because you will be looking forward to the good things ahead.
• Chew on it: you can also give you mouth something to do in order to fight the nicotine cravings. You can chew on sugarless gum or hard candy.
• Go online: consider joining an online support group. This will give you the encouragement that you need to quit tobacco. You should also learn of how other people have done it.
• Nicotine replacements: you can also substitute a cigarette with a nicotine replacement. They may include nicotine gums, lozenges and nicotine patches.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important