ALL » Web-Design >> View Article
Ideas To Consider For Your Web Design BusinessBy Expert Author: Demarcus Lynch
Is it your goal to be a productive web designer? Do you have goals set up for yourself, but are not sure how to design a website, and that is preventing your from meeting them? If this is the case, you are going to find this article quite helpful in learning some things about designing a good website.
A good website should be compatible with multiple browsers, so you should test your website in various browsers to ensure that any visitor can view it correctly. While a certain element may look wonderful in Firefox, it may appear incorrectly on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Before you set your site to go live, look at how every page shows up in all the major browsers.
Your site must be simple to navigate if you want to attract visitors. Links should be highly visible and easy to locate. Menus render your website easier for users to surf. Ensure your site users can easily find the way to the pages are the main ones by providing links to them on each subordinate page.
Prevent utilizing pop-ups on your site. Customers are turned off by the constant advertising pop-up ads represent. Even large, popular websites can lose visitors by mistakenly employing pop-up ads. Keep your customers happy, by steering clear of these annoying ads. If the pop-ups are coming about because of your host, then now is the time to start shopping for a replacement.
Avoid having pop-up windows on your website. Even though you may find a reason to have them, your visitors will find them annoying. Internet users will be more likely to leave your site and not find it trustworthy if you use pop-ups.
If you are designing a very large site, you should always include search capabilities. Put a search box in the uppermost right-hand corner of your homepage so that users can seek specific topics on your site. Search functions for websites are available from FreeFind and Google.
Be very critical of the fonts you choose. Most corporate sites use just a few basic fonts. Don't use fancy fonts, such as Comic Sans since many computers don't have them. A font can be subset to the default font on your user's computer if they don't have it. This will inevitably come off looking bad.
Check links carefully before you include them on your site. Make sure the links all lead to valid web addresses. You should do this before uploading something to your server. A visitor who comes across a broken link will question how dated all of the content on your site might be. If you wish to prevent this from happening, you should regularly check your links.
Hopefully now you feel a lot more confident about tackling web design. If you put the techniques in this article into practice, you should soon see a significant improvement in the quality of your web design.
Web Design Articles1. Share Or Buy? Test Sail To Find Out
Author: Grace Lewis
2. Web Developers Aplenty But Who Do You Trust
Author: Stuart Spindlow
3. Important Qualities For A Web Designer
Author: Stuart Spindlow
4. Selecting The Best Web Hosting Company For Your Business
Author: Saibal Chakravarty
5. Check These Tips To Choose A Company For Airport Management
Author: Aviation Infrastructure
6. How To Learn The Gradual Process Behind The Successful Web Designing
7. What Is The Best Guide To Select The Right Website Designing And Development Company
8. Four Skills Needed To Make The Perfect Website
Author: Himanshu Kashyap
9. What Is The Importance Of Overhauling Your Website?
10. How Comes Improve Web Design With These 8 Simple Tips
11. Tips For Designing A Mobile Friendly Website
Author: Rahul Satish
12. The Guide To Responsive Web Design
Author: poonam sharma
13. What Are The Five Things To Know Before Designing A Website
14. What Do You Have To Follow Principles For Getting A Successful Website
15. The Growing Mobile Internet Usage And Future Of Wordpress Sites