ALL >> Business >> View Article
Discrepancy Trends In The It Industry
Total Articles: 91
Information technology industry has come a long way. A more than a decade old, the IT industry has grown tremendously in the last couple of years with an increasing number of graduation engineers and job aspirants looking towards this sector for an opportunity. Many would agree that not only is there a lot of scope for professional growth, but even the high salaries and good facilities are typical in the IT industry.
The IT boom has witnessed a large pool of aspirants of which some are the 'deserving lot', some are persons with genuine but less-impressive credentials, and some are persons with a bit falsified qualifications. With people going to the lengths of faking education qualifications, work experience, address, and giving out incorrect or fake references. This has made hiring process an ineffective procedure that had its effect also on data security and workplace decorum, as well as heightened employee risks and hiring costs for organizations.
The discrepancies were getting too large to get ignored. Background screening was one tool that was deployed by many IT companies to strengthen their hiring process. With the effective detection of discrepancies in the job candidates' background, more and more companies adopted employee screening practices.
In today's time, there are a large number of background verification companies in India, out of which few are operating in the country since almost a decade and are now among the top background verification companies. Many of such veteran companies have analyzed data to get valuable trend results.
As analyzed by a leading background verification company, the discrepancy trends witnessed in the IT industry is quite surprising. In terms of case wise discrepancy analysis, wherein a case refers to one individual's background check, 20% of the cases are discrepant. 20% is a massive number which IT companies are trying to tackle. And when it comes to check wise analysis, wherein each case can have one or more checks such as address check and employment check, 3% of them suffer from discrepancies.
Within the check wise discrepancy rate, employment checks hogs the maximum share with 1.15% followed by address checks with 1%, reference check with 0.85% and lastly by other checks, which includes education check, standing at 0.07%. The discrepancies found in solely employment check amounts to a whooping 10%. Furthermore, the discrepancies in reference check and address check stands at 7% each. It is expected that with consistent use of employee background checks, the numbers would comes down drastically.
~Naman is associated with a leading background screening company that specializes in Executive Screening
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev