ALL >> Business >> View Article
Women Fuel Rise In Remittances From The Gulf
Total Articles: 34
Many women come to the Emirates to work as housemaids so that they can send back money to their home country and support their families. There is a lot of demand for domestic helpers in the United Arab Emirates and Dubai Maids Agency search for maids for their clients. And also, women seek for jobs from Maid Agency in Dubai. The remittances from these women have also increased according to a survey.
During the past decade, a Filipina maid has lived out of her home country, Philippines, working in the UAE to take care of funding of her family. She is working as a live-in maid in Dubai for the previous three years and sends her complete monthly salary of around US$ 400 back home to Philippines. The housemaid said that even though she misses her family, she feels nice to support her family. She added that she can support them more if she works in the Emirates rather than working in the Philippines. She is 39 years old and works for a family that has four members in Dubai. She is happy that she will send her daughter to university. This housemaid never had the opportunity to go to university. After completing high school, she started working as a maid immediately in order to support her parents, then afterwards her own family. Normally pay for women who go overseas is much more than in the Philippines, especially in the Gulf countries like UAE. They normally get jobs as domestic helpers from Housemaid Agencies in Dubai. This housemaid normally sends her salary back home to pay for her daughter and son’s schooling and to provide them and her elderly parents living expenses who also take care of her children. After the birth of her second child, her separated husband has not been providing any expenses to them. Since then, she is sole breadwinner for her family.
There are many migrant workers who work in the Gulf Cooperation Council (the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and Saudi Arabia) and send around US$ 50 billion in terms of remittances to their native countries every year. According to the Western Union data, this growth in remittances has been about 100% on a year to year basis over the previous decade. This rise in remittances shows a substantial presence of overseas workers in the Gulf area, with an escalating number of female workers every year.
According to a report, the increasing economic role of women is also growing their independence and authority over domestic decisions back home. Moreover, the remitted money is mostly used for education which is a trend observed. Women working as domestic workers in the UAE spend less in the Emirates and repeatedly remit their full monthly wages back home. This way they are actively contributing to the economic expansion of their homelands. According to the survey data of Dubai Remittance, found that female domestic workers sent an annual average of DH 16473 which is around DH 2000 more than the amount male workers had sent to their native countries during the same time.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions