ALL >> Health >> View Article
Signs Of Disc Injury A Chiropractor In Miami Looks For And How It's Treated
Total Articles: 452
Back pain often begins with just a pinch every now and then, certainly nothing serious enough to make you seek treatment. Many write this off as typical aches and pains, although it will eventually turn into a painful episode that may occur months later. Before you know it, the pain is almost constant.
According to most chiropractors in Miami, this is the usual course back pain follows. Both repetitive actions and an initial injury may start a cycle of progressively worsening pain until damage becomes permanent.
So, how does a chiropractor in Miami determine if you've suffered an injury that involves a disc? And why does this matter? It matters because disc irritation causes a bulging disc, which then leads to herniation, a potentially serious and long-term condition. Herniation may cause leg pain, weakness and numbness if it begins to affect a nerve root.
Back pain often leads to back surgery, but this surgery comes with a long list of risks and it may actually make the problem worse. The goal of any Miami Beach chiropractor is to help you avoid surgical intervention by recognizing important symptoms. You will have a much better prognosis the sooner you seek treatment for your pain, as chronic issues become much harder to overcome when your body learns to compensate, creating alternative means of functioning around your injury. It's best to treat the condition before the body develops a new normal for a faster recovery and less rehab.
According to any Miami Beach chiropractor, the following are the primary symptoms associated with a disc injury or herniation:
• The pain is worst in the morning or after you've been sitting or standing a long time, but it improves once you begin moving.
• Coughing or straining during a bowl movement increases the pain.
• It's hard to get up from a seated or laying position.
• You tend to put your hands on your thighs to push yourself upright.
• Certain positions relieve symptoms. This includes the fetal position or pulling your knees to your chest, which reduces pressure caused by inflammation by opening the spinal canal, and arching your back, which corrects posterior displacement of the disc.
It's absolutely essential to seek emergency treatment if you cannot control your bowels or bladder after any injury, even if you do not experience pain. Another huge red flag is numbness in the pelvic floor, groin or inner thighs.
Common Causes of Disc Injuries
The most common causes of an injury to the spinal discs include lifting heavy objects or twisting your spine while lifting something heavy. When you spend long hours at work, your back muscles will get tired and the stability around your spine is reduced. If you continue pushing yourself, your risk of injury goes up. Repetitive motions can also cause injury by wearing down your back's support system. The pain may come immediately, or it may take awhile to show up.
Many people go a long time with reduced core stability, and their next back pain episode comes from something simple, like tying their shoes or doing dishes. This long period of instability in your back or pelvis may eventually cause a disc injury from a seemingly harmless activity.
What Does a Miami Beach Chiropractor Do?
Chiropractors in Miami use a form of therapy that's designed to mimic your disc's normal function to boost healing. Normal discs work like sponges, contracting and expanding when you move to make a pumping action, drawing in fluid filled with oxygen and nutrients to help cells repair. A chiropractor will mimic this pumping action to clear away inflammation and bring in new oxygen and nutrients that your cells need to repair themselves.
Chiropractic care is a well-documented approach to treating disc injuries, although improving your core strength and spine stabilization are also necessary for long-term success. Many studies have found that a chiropractor in Miami can help you better than physical therapy after a back injury.
Always take back pain seriously and seek help as soon as possible. Once a disc is injured, it becomes more susceptible to reoccurring episodes, and the symptoms will get worse and last longer after each episode. Seek help from an experienced Miami Beach chiropractor as soon as possible to break the cycle and help your disc finally heal.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important