ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Items Often Left Behind At Hotels
Total Articles: 468
As enjoyable a trip might be after the careful review of cheap travel options and the purchase of cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap vacation packages, or discount travel packages, it remains very frustrating when you unintentionally leave something behind after checking out of a hotel room.
Whether rushing to catch a flight or simply looking forward to your next destination, forgetting personal items is a common experience. The following are the most frequently left behind items in hotel rooms, according to Smarter Travel:
• Chargers, usually cell phone chargers, are the number one left behind item. The last time you use your charger before checking out of a hotel place it on top of something you will not forget, such as a purse or bag. By grouping items together they are less likely to be left behind.
• Clothes hung up in a closet are easy to be forgotten, given that things out of sight tend to be out of mind. Remember to do a last scan of your room that includes looking in the bathroom, closets, and under the bed.
• Glasses are often left behind causing travelers frustration when they later struggle to see. When setting your glasses down make a point of putting them in or on your bag.
• Dentures and hearing aids are common items left behind. Before leaving your room a final time spend 10 seconds looking at yourself and talking to yourself in the mirror. Check out your smile and confirm that you can hear yourself.
• Toiletries tend to be left behind because they often end up in showers, counter corners, and bedside tables. Do your best to keep your toiletries in one place in the hotel instead of spreading them around. Always check the shower before your final departure.
• Car and house keys sometimes do not make it back home. If you are staying at a hotel and do not need your house keys or keys to your car at home, zip them into a bag.
• Laptops are left behind sometimes because of security concerns guests often place them out of sight, such as under a pillow or in a desk drawer. Sometimes laptops are used immediately prior to departure and forgotten when guests leave. Place a post it note inside the door or onto some part of the hotel door lock that you will have to touch prior to leaving your room.
• Jewelry often slips behind nightstands or falls off bathroom vanities into corners. The solution is to bring a pouch or some type of container with you that will be used to hold all jewelry whenever you take it off.
• Reading material, whether in traditional book form or e-readers are frequently left behind. Keep all of your reading materials in one place. Consider creating a reverse packing list that can be used to check off all items originally packed are back in your bags.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David