ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Items Often Left Behind At Hotels
Total Articles: 468
As enjoyable a trip might be after the careful review of cheap travel options and the purchase of cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap vacation packages, or discount travel packages, it remains very frustrating when you unintentionally leave something behind after checking out of a hotel room.
Whether rushing to catch a flight or simply looking forward to your next destination, forgetting personal items is a common experience. The following are the most frequently left behind items in hotel rooms, according to Smarter Travel:
• Chargers, usually cell phone chargers, are the number one left behind item. The last time you use your charger before checking out of a hotel place it on top of something you will not forget, such as a purse or bag. By grouping items together they are less likely to be left behind.
• Clothes hung up in a closet are easy to be forgotten, given that things out of sight tend to be out of mind. Remember to do a last scan of your room that includes looking in the bathroom, closets, and under the bed.
• Glasses are often left behind causing travelers frustration when they later struggle to see. When setting your glasses down make a point of putting them in or on your bag.
• Dentures and hearing aids are common items left behind. Before leaving your room a final time spend 10 seconds looking at yourself and talking to yourself in the mirror. Check out your smile and confirm that you can hear yourself.
• Toiletries tend to be left behind because they often end up in showers, counter corners, and bedside tables. Do your best to keep your toiletries in one place in the hotel instead of spreading them around. Always check the shower before your final departure.
• Car and house keys sometimes do not make it back home. If you are staying at a hotel and do not need your house keys or keys to your car at home, zip them into a bag.
• Laptops are left behind sometimes because of security concerns guests often place them out of sight, such as under a pillow or in a desk drawer. Sometimes laptops are used immediately prior to departure and forgotten when guests leave. Place a post it note inside the door or onto some part of the hotel door lock that you will have to touch prior to leaving your room.
• Jewelry often slips behind nightstands or falls off bathroom vanities into corners. The solution is to bring a pouch or some type of container with you that will be used to hold all jewelry whenever you take it off.
• Reading material, whether in traditional book form or e-readers are frequently left behind. Keep all of your reading materials in one place. Consider creating a reverse packing list that can be used to check off all items originally packed are back in your bags.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler