ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Not To Do In A Hotel
Total Articles: 468
Cheap travel deals, including discount hotel rooms, cheap vacation packages, and discount travel packages often play key roles in people deciding whether to take a trip. While hotel rooms are often treated as home away from home, travelers should be aware of what is different about your typical hotel room.
Private hotel rooms are a surprisingly public space, shared by many people each year. The following activities should be avoided, according to Smarter Travel, regarding of the hotel you select:
• Do not use the germ laden remote control in the room unless you clean it thoroughly first with antibacterial wipes or spray, or cover it with a plastic bag. Otherwise consider downloading a smartphone app to control the TV.
• Do not sleep on or under the bed cover in your room, which typically cleaned infrequently and full of germs.
• Do not leave valuables in plain sight in your room. Ideally place valuables in a safe even if you have to pay a modest fee. If there is no safe and you do not want to carry your valuables, place them in an inconspicuous space, such as inside an empty pill container. Given that hotel thieves are well versed in most hiding spaces, it would be wise to leave most of your valuables at home.
• Do not assume that your hotel room is private until you put up a “do not disturb” sign. Intimate moments may not be so intimate otherwise.
• Do not say your room number out loud during check in, at a hotel restaurant, or in front of any friendly strangers. If you want to meet someone, arrange to meet in a public space.
• Do not open a hotel room door when someone first knocks. First make certain you know who is on the other side of the door. This is true even when you are expecting someone, such as room service or a friend. Never leave your door ajar when briefly leaving the room for something like ice. Likewise never assume that you can make a quick dash to the ice machine wearing few, if any clothes late at night. You never know who you might run into.
• Never take anything out of a hotel minibar. Even if your intent is only to see what is available, jostling a snack or soda could trigger a sensor and automatically charge that item to your room. Minibar snacks and drinks are usually exorbitantly priced.
• Do not drink the tap water. No matter where you are staying there is no way to know if there is a problem with the water supply.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson