ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Segways Make Sightseeing Fun
Total Articles: 468
Often it is much harder to happily engage your teenager in activities while on vacation that it is to find cheap travel deals such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages.
Maybe it is time to stop checking out new places via tour buses and start checking out sights standing up on a Segway. Segway tours are becoming increasingly common in cities, beaches, and even forests. They offer a fun and eco-friendly ways to explore.
A Segway is a personal transporter that can be best described as a two wheeled stand up motorized scooter. Segways get riders closer to sights and attractions than possible on a bus tour and enable people to cover much more ground than a walking tour.
Most tours have a minimum age requirement of between 12 to 16 years.
The following are just a few examples of Segway tours well worth checking out, particularly for families, according to minitime:
• Anyone 12 years or older can take in the beach scene in Honolulu via a three hour Magic Island Glide Tour. Sights include Diamond Head, Waikiki Beach, impressive yachts in Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Ala Moana Park, and Magic Island, popular with local families for picnics, swimming, surfing and paddling.
• The Chicago Segway Tour is based across from the Navy Pier and offers a variety of Windy City two hour day or night tours. Families with children over the age of 12 can take the Lakefront and Museum Campus Tour which goes along the picturesque Lake Michigan waterfronts, to the Shedd Aquarium, and then Grant Park. While riding, guides share interesting facts about Chicago’s history and culture.
• Families with children over the age of 13 will delight in the San Antonio Segway Ultimate Tour of The Alamo as well as the Main Plaza, San Fernando Cathedral, and HemisFair Park. Highlights include a scenic ride along San Antonio’s famous River Walk and through the posh neighborhood of King William Historic District.
• Washington DC offers Segway tours past the White House and other major sights on a three hour Day and Night National Mall Segway Tour. Riders are given a course in American history. Highlights include passing by the Lincoln Memorial and traveling down Pennsylvania Avenue past the Capital Building, National Archives, Navy memorial and the FBI Building.
• Door County Wisconsin is where families with kids older than 11 can enjoy Segway Tours off-roading through the hardwood forest north of Sister Bay on the two hour Rough and Tough Forest Tour.
• The San Francisco Segway Tour offers two and a half hour sightseeing for families with kids older than 11. They will enjoy spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, stopping at Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, the Cable Car turnaround, and Hyde Street Pier.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar