ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Segways Make Sightseeing Fun
Total Articles: 468
Often it is much harder to happily engage your teenager in activities while on vacation that it is to find cheap travel deals such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages.
Maybe it is time to stop checking out new places via tour buses and start checking out sights standing up on a Segway. Segway tours are becoming increasingly common in cities, beaches, and even forests. They offer a fun and eco-friendly ways to explore.
A Segway is a personal transporter that can be best described as a two wheeled stand up motorized scooter. Segways get riders closer to sights and attractions than possible on a bus tour and enable people to cover much more ground than a walking tour.
Most tours have a minimum age requirement of between 12 to 16 years.
The following are just a few examples of Segway tours well worth checking out, particularly for families, according to minitime:
• Anyone 12 years or older can take in the beach scene in Honolulu via a three hour Magic Island Glide Tour. Sights include Diamond Head, Waikiki Beach, impressive yachts in Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Ala Moana Park, and Magic Island, popular with local families for picnics, swimming, surfing and paddling.
• The Chicago Segway Tour is based across from the Navy Pier and offers a variety of Windy City two hour day or night tours. Families with children over the age of 12 can take the Lakefront and Museum Campus Tour which goes along the picturesque Lake Michigan waterfronts, to the Shedd Aquarium, and then Grant Park. While riding, guides share interesting facts about Chicago’s history and culture.
• Families with children over the age of 13 will delight in the San Antonio Segway Ultimate Tour of The Alamo as well as the Main Plaza, San Fernando Cathedral, and HemisFair Park. Highlights include a scenic ride along San Antonio’s famous River Walk and through the posh neighborhood of King William Historic District.
• Washington DC offers Segway tours past the White House and other major sights on a three hour Day and Night National Mall Segway Tour. Riders are given a course in American history. Highlights include passing by the Lincoln Memorial and traveling down Pennsylvania Avenue past the Capital Building, National Archives, Navy memorial and the FBI Building.
• Door County Wisconsin is where families with kids older than 11 can enjoy Segway Tours off-roading through the hardwood forest north of Sister Bay on the two hour Rough and Tough Forest Tour.
• The San Francisco Segway Tour offers two and a half hour sightseeing for families with kids older than 11. They will enjoy spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, stopping at Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, the Cable Car turnaround, and Hyde Street Pier.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David