ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Common Travel Mistakes That Spoil Vacations
Total Articles: 468
Surprisingly people smart enough to find cheap travel deals, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, discount travel packages, and cheap vacation packages sometimes turn around and make avoidable travel mistakes that can ruin vacations.
Below are suggestions on how to not make common mistakes that can derail a vacation, according to Budget Travel:
• Reserving connections that do not allow enough time between flights often leads to angst. Connection times of at least one and a half hours measurably reduce the likelihood of missing your next flight or having your luggage lost. Do not count on airlines to automatically provide you with enough connection time.
• Failure to apply for your passport well in advance of any overseas trip can result in you not being able to go. Certain countries require foreigners have at least six months’ worth of validity remaining to enter, regardless of the planned length of their visit. If you frequently travel abroad, check to make certain that you have enough pages in your passport for new stamps. Without the requisite number of blank passport pages, which vary by country, you may be refused entry.
• Selecting a hotel too far away from your downtown city destination can result in wasted travel time. Often staying at a more expensive hotel in the middle of the action is a better financial decision than staying out in the suburbs and spending money and time on transportation.
• Trying to do too much on a single vacation can result in fatigue and regrets instead of satisfaction. By reserving a minimum of at least three days for visiting major cities such as London, Paris, and Rome, you will end up with a much more enjoyable vacation. Slow down and be ready to take advantage of unplanned activities if you come upon something interesting.
The same is true when planning multiple activities in a single day. You should allow for time to just wander around. Strolling through a city and serendipity can make for the most memorable vacation.
• Make vacation plans based on what you really enjoy vs. what you think you should do. For some people leisurely sitting in cafes in Paris is far more interesting than trying to visit every monument. Plan your vacation activities based on what you want to do vs. simply following the advice of others.
Experts have found that one the most common travel mistakes is to plan a trip based on what travelers think they ought to want vs. a trip that they actually want. If you do not enjoy museums, then only see a couple museums, or skip them altogether.
• Vacationers sometimes limit themselves to tourist traps instead of venturing off the beaten path. If restaurants or shopping are activities you enjoy, check out blogs focused on these activities before leaving home.
• Do not base your hotel selection on marketing photos which can make any property look desirable. Instead check out unaltered third party pictures on websites such as TripAdvisor and Oyster to gain better insight and avoid being surprised when you arrive.
• Selecting an outlying airport that costs less to fly in, but ends up costing more in total to travel to your hotel is a frustrating experience.
• Going to a timeshare sales pitch to qualify for a spa or restaurant voucher is a poor way to spend your time and sanity on vacation. The last thing you want to deal with on vacation is pressure from a salesperson.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson