ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Americans Sell Their Cell Phones For Cash: How We Compare To Other National Averages
Total Articles: 6
How often do people change their smart phones? On average, Americans do not store their old mobile phones inside shoe boxes or sell their cell phones for cash until they're almost two years old, or 21.7 months. They normally replace their mobile phones once they're ready to upgrade models at the end of their 2-year plans.
Other surveyed countries with high turnover rates include the United Kingdom with 22.4 months, South Korea with 26.9 months, France with 30.8 months, and Canada with 33 months. On the other end of the rankings, Indians hold onto their cell phones for an average of 93.6 months. This is equivalent to almost 7.8 years.
Brazilians switch cell phones every 80.8 months. Other low average scores were garnered by Israel with 76.5 months, Finland with 74.5 months, and Italy at 51.5 months. According to this study, which was conducted by Recon Analytics, neither the purchasing power parity (PPP) income nor the percentage of prepaid subscribers directly affected trends in handset replacement.
On average, South Africa has, in US dollars, a PPP of $10,498, which is a slightly lower than Brazil's $11,239, but South Africans get new cell phones every 38.2 months. Trends predict that the rate of handset replacement for South Africa is only going to be quicker as more data plans become available to subscribers.
While South Koreans and Indians have the most and least percentages of prepaid subscribers, at 96 and 0 percent respectively, the Japanese—with only 1 percent of its cellphone users on prepaid—switch to newer cell phone models every 46.3 months, which is close to four years. On the other hand, 86 percent of Mexicans are prepaid subscribers, but it only takes them 39.6 months, or barely three years, to have their cell phones replaced.
Regardless of nationality, there will always be people who will switch cell phones much more quickly than their national average for different reasons. Affluence and the ability to replace their cell phones is, of course, one of the reasons. These people sell their cell phones for cash so that they can shell out less money for an upgrade or new handset. For information on how to donate or recycle electronic gadgets, see: epa.gov/osw/conserve/materials/ecycling/donate.htm.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. The Rise Of Led Video Walls
Author: Jamie Eliott
2. Motorolarepairing.uk – Motorola Repair Service Centre Uk
3. Sony Playstation Planning For Big Changes
4. Want To Make The Best Advantage Of Your Traffic, Try Load Balancing
Author: Daniel Padilla
5. Icv Software For Business- Increasing Productivity For Long Term Business Success
Author: Jessica E Taylor
6. Htc Screen Repair London/htcrepairing.uk
7. Issues And Fixes For Hp Laptops & Computers In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
8. Professional Multibrand Mobile Phone Repair Centre In The Uk
9. Htc Onem8 Screen Replacement Edinburgh/htcrepairing.uk
10. Issue Resolved For Xbox One S Error Code 107
11. Top 4 Us Tech Support Service Companies
12. Best Htc Repair Centre Newcastle
13. Html5 Website Builders Useful For Web Developers
Author: Amit Kumawat
14. Issues And Fixes For Tablet Repair Services In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
15. Nokia Lumia 735 Screen Replacement Cardiff