ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dealing With Rosacea: Home Remedies For Rosacea You Can Try
Total Articles: 458
Perhaps the best way to manage your rosacea is learning to identify and avoid your particular triggers, which cause a flare-up of the condition. Lifestyle changes in addition with natural remedies for rosacea can help you keep your rosacea under control. Here's an overview of some popular remedies and at-home treatments that may work for you, as well as tips for reducing flare-ups.
Medications for Rosacea
While there is no way to cure rosacea, treatment can relieve the symptoms. Your doctor may recommend mild cleansers like Dove, sunscreen, moisturizer and other products to make your skin healthier, and there are many medications you may be prescribed.
The most common home remedies for rosacea prescribed by a doctor at topical medications and oral medications. Topical medications include antibiotics like metroidazole or tretinoin, as well as over-the-counter creams made with benzoyl peroxide and azelaic acid. Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics, not for their ability to kill bacteria but for their important anti-inflammatory properties.
Natural Remedies for Rosacea
Along with prescriptions or doctor recommendations, you can also try a number of safe natural remedies for rosacea, which many people find very successful.
Chamomile is one of the best natural remedies for rosacea, as it has nature anti-inflammatory properties, reduces redness and prevents infection. Soak a chamomile tea bag in warm water then rub the wet tea bag over your face. Alternatively, you can use green tea, which has antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Aloe vera is also fairly effective at protecting your skin from rosacea flare-ups, and it may be taken orally or applied to your skin as a gel.
Many people also use tea tree oil, which is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory that can be applied to your skin. Just place a few drops in your palm and rub slowly with your finger before applying to your face.
Oatmeal is another one of the most popular natural remedies for rosacea. It's so good at soothing itchiness and redness that people suffering from hives or shingles are often recommended to take an oatmeal bath. Just add a few tablespoons of oatmeal to some water and rub over the area affected with the rosacea.
Finally, you can try cold compresses as a rosacea home treatment. While heat often causes flare-ups, cold compresses can reduce both redness and inflammation. Soak two or three chamomile tea bags in a bowl of boiling water for ten minutes, place in the refrigerator and then soak a hand towel in the tea solution when you need a compress.
Most rosacea sufferers can improve their chance of staying in remission by identifying and avoiding factors that cause flare-ups, which vary from person to person. Keep a dairy to identify your triggers, which may include the following:
• Excessive warmth, such as overheating, hot baths or saunas
• Strong wind, sun, cold or humidity
• Exercise or heavy lifting
• Cosmetics with alcohol, fragrances or witch hazel
• Stress or anxiety
• Alcoholic drinks or hot drinks
• Certain foods, such as spicy or hot food, citrus fruits, vanilla, sour cream, yogurt, soy sauce or chocolate
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited