ALL >> Health >> View Article
Are Horse Supplements For Joints Worth The Money?
Total Articles: 452
Joint supplements for horses are one of the most popular horse supplements on the market, as well as one of the most expensive. There's also a great deal of misinformation surrounding these products, which is often repeated by veterinarians. In fact, you've probably encountered a vet telling you that these horse supplies are no more than a waste of money because your horse can't absorb the nutrients, although research as well as anectodal evidence shows otherwise.
Of course, a veterinarian telling you that your horse's condition is simply too degenerated to be helped by supplements is another matter. It's recommended that you at least try these horse supplements for two months to see if it helps your horse, as it won't do any harm. It's also possible to leave your horse on the loading dose longer than recommended to see if it improves their situation.
It's best to begin with regular glucosamine, which you can buy from websites that sell discount horse supplies. Once your horse has adapted to the glucosamine, begin with horse supplements that have both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate if the glucosamine alone didn't seem to help. If neither option works, you can find hyaluronic acid or HA products at the same websites that provide discount horse supplies.
Additional supplements you can consider for equine nutrition and joint health include yucca and boswellia, which are both powerful anti-inflammatories that may also be included with the joint supplements.
It's possible to achieve good enough results through these horse supplements alone that you can avoid costly and painful injections from a veterinarian. While supplements alone may not be as effective as prescription injections, they may be a good starting point or your next step.
As you shop for joint supplements for your horse, remember that most require an initial loading dose for the first two weeks, which is designed to build up levels of the compounds in your horse's body so results will be noticed sooner. Results will not be apparent until these ingredients have built up for a couple of weeks. Once a horse has been fed joint supplements for six to twelve months, you will continue to see the results for up to six more weeks.
It's also important to make sure you get the right amounts of key ingredients, as some products contain active ingredients in such low amounts that they do not offer any support of equine nutrition and health. A good starting point is 10,000 mg of glucosamine, 6,000 mg of chondroitin, 100 mg hyaluronic acid and 20,000 mg of MSM. If you combine ingredients, you may lower the doses.
Finally, if you don't see results after using these joint supplements for a couple of months, it may be time to talk to your veterinarian about different products or treatment options to get your horse feeling its best.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel