ALL >> Health >> View Article
Do You Have Varicose Veins In Your Ankles?
Total Articles: 4
Do you notice bulging veins in your ankles? Do not ignore them. They are not just a cosmetic concern as you used to believe it. They are actually varicose veins that appear because of certain issues with the valves in the veins.
The number of valves may be insufficient or the valves themselves are flawed. The vein walls, on the other hand, can be frail; hence, your veins begin to swell and injure the valves by tearing their sensitive leaves apart. The protruded veins in your ankles may also be a concern on blood clots. The clot may be resolved but the valves may already be damaged; hence, they tend not to function properly.
In some instances, the veins themselves are the ones at fault. For instance, pregnancy, obesity and occupations that require long period of standing and sitting place too much pressure on the veins thereby causing them to swell and pulling the valves apart. This situation then prevents the blood from circulating backwards. Similarly, age and family history may bring an individual to higher risk to varicose veins.
Severe ankle inflammation may also indicate venous reflux disease, which is also known as venous insufficiency. It is at this time when the large saphenous vein in the leg cannot drive the blood back to the heart using normal force; hence, gravity pulls the blood down to the veins in the calf and ankle, where it begins to gather. This is when puffiness becomes visible. As this happens, you are not aware that rope-like varicose veins simultaneously cultivate under your skin.
Chronic swollen ankles may also be brought about by heart failure. You will know if your condition is related to this if you experience shortness of breath. Skin discoloration, on the other hand, may not happen. If you have ankle inflammation associated to venous insufficiency, you will not find it difficult to breath - but you will notice skin discoloration.
At-home treatments for varicose veins in the ankles are almost the same with varicose veins in the legs. As much as possible, do not sit or stand for a long time. Raise your legs as you sit or lie down in bed. Perform some workout routines regularly to maintain appropriate body weight. Do not wear high heels - unless necessary. Follow diet that is low in salt and high in fiber. Avoid foods that are rich in bioflavonoids (blackberries, blueberries, garlic, spinach and onion). Wear compression stockings as per the prescription of your vein specialist. Make sure that the ones you have fit your legs properly.
More importantly, it is best to go to a dermatologist or vein doctor for initial consultation and varicose vein screening. He will do an interview prior to performing physical examination on the veins in your ankles, as well as your legs. He may also perform an ultrasound to thoroughly check the veins. He will confirm if bulging in your veins are caused by varicose veins or if it is already a case of venous insufficiency.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men